DannyUK

EXPLOITING PEOPLE IN THE PUBLIC EYE - CAROLINES LAW

12 minutes ago, size of light said:

Even had a woman come in once and give us a training seminar on sexual harassment in the workplace and inappropriate language and innuendo, and - I kid you not - she then immediately made a comment about the good-looking guy sitting next to me and how the length of a man's tie 'says a lot about him'. All the chicks in the room burst into a cacophony of laughter and sexual innuendo AS IF WE HADN'T JUST BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE INAPPROPRIATENESS OF THIS SORT OF THING.

It was extraordinary.

but due to political correctness logic female misbehaviour doesn't exist because under the concept of 'male privilege' the woman is ALWAYS the 'oppressed' and therefore even if she is the one misbehaving she is automatically the victim due to her gender

i don't agree with this logic because it means that women don't need to regulate and take responsibility for their behaviour

its like the old religious idea that some people were 'elect' and guaranteed a place in heaven regardless of what acts they might commit

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Perhaps you should look into this.

Men are murdering their partners in much greater numbers than vice versa. That´s a very important fact.

Men are generally physically stronger than women so this is no surprise to me.

I'm not downplaying male violence towards women at all; just popping the fantasy-bubble most women seem to live in where men commit almost all acts of physical violence and sexual harassment when that is FAR from the case...at least in my reality.

• Like 1

its a very tricky situation, which i have some experience of as an ex-girlfriend of mine who had mental health issues would get violent when she was having an episode and attacked me on a number of occasions. on one occasion when she took to hurling plates at me the neighbors called the police, This was a number of years ago and fortunately the police had some seance back then. I explained that my GF was having an episode that i was quite capable with dealing with the situation and there presence would only make things worse. to there credit they said they would go speak to the neighbor and to call if i needed help. she calmed down and was back to normal fairly soon after. god help what would of happened with the police of today.

Edited by Itsjaybigjay
  • Like 1

yeah weinstein is probably a vicious and exploitative piece of crap but what i'm interested in is how this metoo thing ties into the conspiracy and into social engineering ie how it can be misused for example to create an environment of fear which then drives a wedge between men and women...

As Weinstein verdict comes in, what has #MeToo wrought?

18 Feb, 2020 11:49

By Nebojsa Malic, senior writer at RT

Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein is facing a reckoning for his ‘casting couch’ habits – but the #MeToo movement he triggered has not only empowered victims, it’s grown into a weapon for politicians and culture warriors.

Weinstein was hauled before a Manhattan court last month, to answer a multitude of charges of rape and sexual assault. Over 100 women have gone on record accusing him of misconduct since actress Rose McGowan (Charmed) led the way in 2017, accusing the powerful producer of having raped her 20 years prior. 

The jury begins deliberations on his verdict on Tuesday. Whether he is found guilty or acquitted, Weinstein’s case has reverberated not just in Hollywood or the US, but globally, with far-reaching consequences on society, politics and relations between the sexes.

The ‘casting couch’ has long been one of Hollywood’s worst-kept secrets. McGowan’s allegations brought some of it out into the open, only to see Weinstein’s powerful political friends weaponize the mounting #MeToo outrage for their own ends.

It wasn’t long before #MeToo was drafted into the culture wars; radio stations banned beloved classic songs from the airwaves, only to replace them with “woke” versions recorded by activist celebrities. Mere allegations of sexual impropriety were enough to “cancel” even aging opera stars such as Placido Domingo, 78.

While sleazy producers and directors often beat the charges in court, male movie stars left nothing to chance. Keanu Reeves (Matrix) wouldn’t even touch fans in photos. Henry Cavill (The Witcher) noted that dating became awkward – only to be cowed into apologizing by the backlash. Taron Egerton (Kingsman) described the climate as “walking on eggshells.”

A similar phenomenon started taking shape on Wall Street, where male executives stopped taking one-on-one meetings with female colleagues, including mentoring sessions and business dinners. Instead of shattering the “glass ceiling” the feminists have been seeking to shatter for years, #MeToo has effectively created gender-segregated boardrooms.

Nor has its reach been confined to US shores. In France, a journalist launched the #balancetonporc (“expose your pig”) campaign in 2017, after a TV executive crassly flirted with her at a drunken party. She later had to pay him $20,000 for defamation. Another author was fined, also for defamation, after blogging about her alleged assault rather than reporting it to the police.

Backlash went beyond the French courts. In 2018, over 100 prominent French women denounced the “witch-hunting Puritanism” that helps “enemies of sexual liberty,” adding that “Rape is a crime but insistent or clumsy flirting is not.”

Last week, however, the entire board managing the Cesar Awards – the French film academy equivalent of the ‘Oscars’ – resigned due to backlash over so many nominations going to Roman Polanski. Feminist groups were outraged that Polanski – who admitted to statutory rape in the US and then fled the country to avoid prison in 1978 – was even considered, and compared him to Weinstein.

Ironically, Polanski argued last year that branding him a sexual predator was a smear job by Weinstein, as part of a dirty campaign against his movie ‘The Pianist’ during the 2003 Oscars season.

Accusations of sexual assault have long been a political weapon. Democrats tried to leverage them in October 2016 against Donald Trump. Two years later, a friendly witness was found to accuse US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of impropriety during his high school days, in an effort to torpedo his confirmation. Neither attempt was successful.

Thus the legitimate rebellion against a sleazy Hollywood practice ended up being hijacked and turned into an indiscriminate weapon in the culture war, turning men and women into enemies told to fear and doubt each other’s every move. In the process, cultural and legal norms, painstakingly developed over centuries to ensure justice for all, have been wrecked or thrown overboard.

Meanwhile, the US book market has been dominated by the ‘50 Shades’ series of erotic novels, celebrating a relationship between a submissive young woman and a sadistic billionaire. 

https://www.rt.com/usa/481092-hollywood-weinstein-verdict-metoo/

10 minutes ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

its a very tricky situation, which i have some experience of as an ex-girlfriend of mine who had mental health issues would get violent when she was having an episode and attacked me on a number of occasions. on one occasion when she took to hurling plates at me the neighbors called the police, This was a number of years ago and fortunately the police had some seance back then. I explained that my GF was having an episode that i was quite capable with dealing with the situation and there presence would only make things worse. to there credit they said they would go speak to the neighbor and to call if i needed help. she calmed down and was back to normal fairly soon after. god help what would of happened with the police of today.

they would probably taze her

you know a phrase that pisses me off?

'mansplaining' for when men supposedly explain things to women that they don't need explained as if this is something only done by men!

i have certainly had women speak to me as if i'm a retard. Women most definately WOMENSPLAIN

why this term 'mansplaining' has been created and put out there into the public arena is, imo, to further drive a wedge between men and women by convincing women that they should never listen to men but should only listen to the media sisterhood that exists in glossy magazines, the TV, movies and social media

But if men and women form partnerships involving all the most challenging activities of life such as buying a house and making a family then they will need to communicate and that means shared information and points of view. So really what we are looking at here is a cynical attempt to further breakdown communication between men and women

if the people behind all of this social engineering get their way, women would never listen to men about anything and would instead take all their cues from 'liberal' role models in hollywood or in the media who are some of the most shallow, toxic and self-obsessed people on the planet

• Like 1

'fortunately the police had some seance back then'

Am I reading this right? How did a seance become involved in this episode?

the me, me, me ego-centrism of marxist feminism is not leading to greater happiness for women or greater connection between people but in fact an increase in lonliness but no one wants to question the received wisdom of progressivism nor risk being vilified in a twitter storm for telling the truth

Midlife suicide on the rise: Record numbers of women aged between 40 and 69 are taking their own lives

By Daisy Dumas
Updated: 23:55, 27 July 2011

Suicide rates among middle aged women have risen - and age-related illnesses may be partly to blame, suggests new research.

New research comparing age-specific suicide rates in the U.S. between 1998 and 2007, shows that women between the ages of 40 and 60 are more at risk of killing themselves than women of other ages, says the Today Show.

In 2007, 60 per cent of the 7,328 suicides reported among women were from this age group.

Dr Julie Phillips, Ph.D., used data from the National Center for Health Statistics and the Census Bureau to study the nine-year period.

Her results show that suicide rates among women under 40 years old remained stable, while at over 70 years old, rates showed a decline.

But women in their middle ages, it appears, experienced worrying inclines in suicide rates.

And, more specifically, suicide attempts involving drugs have also been on the increase.

A new report by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) shows that emergency department visits for drug-related suicide attempts for women aged 50 or over has risen by 49 per cent.

Ellyn Kaschak, Ph.D., of Women and Therapy journal, explained to the programme's site that loneliness and isolation are also important risk factors, with many middle-aged U.S. women having limited social contact beyond work and the internet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2019583/Midlife-suicide-rise-Record-numbers-women-aged-40-69-taking-lives.html

10 minutes ago, muir said:

you know a phrase that pisses me off?

'mansplaining' for when men supposedly explain things to women that they don't need explained as if this is something only done by men!

i have certainly had women speak to me as if i'm a retard. Women most definately WOMENSPLAIN

How true I've lost count of the number of times I've had it WOMENSPLAINED to me how to operate the washing machine dishwasher etc. I fix the bloody things i think i can work out how they operate.

• Like 2

more social media and more demonising of men = greater lonliness because people are now afraid to interact. Yes human interactions can be messy and yes wires can get crossed and yes sometimes boundaries are transgressed but the cost of becoming puritanical about it all is social isolation, lonliness and misery which all feeds into the conspiracy because it causes the breakdown of mating pairs which leads to crashing birth rates and it creates an atomized society unable to come together and work together to challenge the elites. also the loss of fatherhood leads children to become feminised and more likely to become snowflake social justice warriors who then deepen the cycle downwards even further by further driving wedges between the sexes creating a downward spiral of societal breakdown...and it's all being engineered

20713.jpeg

Ministry of Sound DJ, 38, took cocktail of alcohol and cocaine then leapt to her death from 14th-floor balcony in Hampstead - just days after returning from Dubai following split with ex

• Lucy Stone was a talented DJ who played at Ministry of Sound and HedKandi 
  • She died by suicide days after returning to the UK from Dubai, inquest heard 
  •  St Pancras Coroner's Court heard she died from injuries as a result of suicide
  • For confidential support call the Samaritans on 116123 or visit a local Samaritans branch, see www.samaritans.org for details

By Henry Martin For Mailonline

Published: 17:55, 28 January 2020 | Updated: 11:14, 30 January 2020

A talented DJ died by suicide after leaping from a building just days after returning to the UK from Dubai after splitting up with her ex, an inquest heard.

Lucy Stone, 38, played at top clubs Ministry of Sound and HedKandi, flying hundreds of miles between her Abu Dhabi home and Dubai, working long hours and performing at high profile events.  

Ms Stone, originally from Chelmsford in Essex, died from multiple injuries after jumping from the balcony of a 14-storey building on September 4 in Hampstead, north west London.

She had flown into Heathrow the day after splitting up with her boyfriend of one week, called JJ, on September 1. A few weeks before that she had ended a five-year relationship with another man, Andrey.

The talented radio host spent her final evening catching up over dinner and collaborating with close friend and fellow DJ Katie Hopkins, known as Katie Smiles.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7939095/Ministry-Sound-DJ-38-took-cocktail-alcohol-cocaine-leapt-death.html

be single and you too can explore lonliness, depression and the absence of family or a focus that never extends beyond your own self-existence....you can also watch your own society dwindle while the trans-national corporations flood your country with migrants from far off countries...but don't ever listen to anyone speaking about conservative values like family, community or personal responsibility as they're bad politically incorrect people...

CNN Promotes “The Benefits of Being Single” as Birth Rates Plunge

Happy Valentines Day.

Paul Joseph Watson
PrisonPlanet.com
February 17, 2020

CNN marked Valentines Day weekend by promoting “the benefits of being single,” even as birth rates across America and Europe continue to plunge.

In an article entitled ‘Singles Awareness Day: The benefits of being single’ – the news network highlights the fact that “The number of American men and women who have never been married, are divorced or living alone has been on an upward trend for several years.”

The piece cites research by Dr. Elyakim Kislev, professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, who believes “being single can be an advantage instead of a source of agony.”

“The fact is that many societies see tremendous growth in the single population and we need to change this image we have that being single means you are frustrated, less worthy or abandoned.” said Kislev.

Presumably ‘changing the image’ will be achieved with the aid of CNN providing a sympathetic platform for such social engineering.

Since being single obviously greatly reduces the chances of people having children, the article serves as yet more anti-natal propaganda even as America’s fertility rate continues to plummet.

https://www.prisonplanet.com/cnn-promotes-the-benefits-of-being-single-as-birth-rates-plunge.html

4 hours ago, muir said:

its my personal belief that most violence between men and women is committed by women however due to the stronger physique of men when they do lash out they tend to cause more harm

if i had to guess i would say that most abuse which i believe can take many forms is actually committed by women but that men are traditionally seen as sacrificial to society and as a result their suffering is less recognised

4 hours ago, size of light said:

Women are far more sexually aggressive and abusive than men and everybody knows it because they've always been given a free pass to get away with it.

It has been said a number of times on this forum recently that women are more aggressive and violent in intimate relationships than men. I will have to beg to differ having worked in the past for a domestic abuse service - the overwhelming majority of victims were female and, where there were male victims, this was not necessarily because there was a female perpetrator. There were quite often cases where a male perpetrator posed as a victim.

The official statistics from the latest Crime Survey for England and Wales (2019) can be found on the following link:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/articles/domesticabusevictimcharacteristicsenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2019

Here are some of the conclusions of the survey regarding the gender of victims:

An estimated 7.5% of women (1.6 million) and 3.8% of men (786,000) experienced domestic abuse in the last year

In 75% of the domestic abuse-related crimes recorded by the police in the year ending March 2019, the victim was female.

In three-quarters of domestic abuse-related crimes the victim was female (75%). This proportion was similar for the majority of offence categories, but for domestic abuse-related sexual offences the proportion of victims that were female was even higher, at 96% (Figure 3).

image.png.49b364dabe25de2770ff28fbb0ad76ed.png

image.png.d580c98a403577bd68dd4279df68b6db.png

4 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

Perhaps you should look into this.

Men are murdering their partners in much greater numbers than vice versa. That´s a very important fact.

GR is correct and I agree that this is a very important fact.

Between the year ending March 2016 and the year ending March 2018, 74% of victims of domestic homicide were female compared with 13% of victims of non-domestic homicide.

Should we also go into the male vs female ratio of prisoners? And then break it down into violent crime?

It seems to me that some of these beliefs come from Jordan Peterson which makes me question his intentions. I would like to know on what evidence he has based his findings about levels of aggression in women compared to men.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

It has been said a number of times on this forum recently that women are more aggressive and violent in intimate relationships than men. I will have to beg to differ having worked in the past for a domestic abuse service - the overwhelming majority of victims were female

the overwhelming number of people presenting were female but that doesn't mean men aren't being abused. It just means they aren't presenting to officials with their problems

Women are ‘more controlling and aggressive than men’ in relationships

Men are often thought to be the more aggressive partner, but a new study suggests this is not the case

12:15PM BST 26 Jun 2014

Women are more likely than men to be aggressive and controlling towards their partner, according to a study.

The research found that women showed controlling behaviour along with serious levels of threats, intimidation and physical violence when in a relationship more often than men.

More than 1,000 young men and women were questioned about any “Intimate Partner Violence” (IPV) they had inflicted on a girlfriend or boyfriend, or been subjected to themselves.

The results are in contrast to earlier studies which suggested women are almost always the victims of such behaviour.

Dr Elizabeth Bates, who led the study at the University of Cumbria, said: “Previous studies have sought to explain male violence towards women as arising from patriarchal values, which motivate men to seek to control women’s behaviour, using violence if necessary.”

“This study found that women demonstrated a desire to control their partners and were more likely to use physical aggression than men.

“It wasn’t just pushing and shoving,” said Dr Bates, who presented the results at a meeting of the British Psychological Society in Glasgow. “Some people were circling the boxes for things like beating up, kicking, and threatening to use a weapon.

“In terms of high levels of control and aggression, there was no difference between men and women.”

A study in the 1990s led by the US sociologist Professor Michael P Johnson coined the term “intimate terrorism” to describe controlling behaviour in a relationship.

He found that such “terrorists” are almost always men, a claim which Dr Bates refutes, pointing to the fact that Professor Johnson’s study looked at men in prison and women in refuges, rather than more typical members of the public.

“The stereotypical popular view is still one of dominant control by men,” Dr Bates added. “That does occur but research over the last 10 or 15 years has highlighted the fact that women are controlling and aggressive in relationships too.

“A contributing factor could be that in the past women have talked about it more. Now there is more support for men and more of them are feeling comfortable coming forward.”

Mark Brooks, chair of the ManKind Initiative, which offers support for male victims of domestic abuse, said the research was "game changing".

"No-one can ever now say that violence against a man from a female partner should be treated less seriously than domestic violence committed against a woman," he said.

"At the charity we're not surprised at the findings, because of the type of calls we get to our helpline every day. What concerns us still is the lack of awareness and services available to support those men suffering in this way.

"The Government, local authorities and the police must do more to ensure that domestic abuse against men is viewed and treated in exactly the same way as it rightly is for female victims."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/10927507/Women-are-more-controlling-and-aggressive-than-men-in-relationships.html

• Like 1

Some of the points raised though relating to the OP are that there has been a huge amount of media hype over flacks death when there have been a number of men who have committed suicide when faced with similar public shaming that have not received the same attention

Heavy weather is being made of this and as the Op suggests it would seem that some people are seeking to make political capital out of this tragedy by using it as an excuse to shut down public questioning of the behaviour of people in the public eye

This might mean less paparazzi stalking of celebs but it might also mean that real crimes such as elite pedophilia won't receive the same kind of attention under the spotlight as they should

I have added a further point to the discussion that i believe that modern social engineering is leading to increased depression in women in middle age and that there is something toxic about this new social media age and about the discarding of traditional values which can then leave a person feeling bereft of meaning and purpose

• Like 1

I can't wait for the verdict on Weinstein, just hope they find him guilty as he is and gets what is coming to him for the rest of his life in jail, the filthy dirty so and so...

• Like 1

An inquest heard today Caroline Flack died by hanging.

Her mother has published an Instragram message her daughter sent her at the end of January, in which Caroline Flack claims

the minor injury Lewis Burton received was an accident. 

"For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me

it's become the normal. I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life.

I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.

The problem with brushing things under the carpet is .... they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up

and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.

On December the 12th 2019 I was arrested for common assault on my boyfriend ...

Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around

me, collapsed.I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen. I have always taken responsibility for

what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident. I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.

But I am NOT a domestic abuser.We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident.

The blood that someone SOLD to a newspaper was MY blood and that was something very sad and very personal. The reason I am talking today is because my

family can't take anymore. I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment. I can't

spend every day hidden away being told not to say or speak to anyone. I'm so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends

have had to go through. I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back.' I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back.

I can't say anymore than that."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10992946/caroline-flack-family-share-last-instagram-post/

Afaik Flack cut her wrists badly either before, during or after the fight with her boyfriend last December. Lewis Burton said last year the blood on the

bed is Caroline's blood, not his.

jd_lewis__1_jpg-JS551008595-e15778764422

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10651186/lewis-burton-denies-blood-caroline-flack/

Edited by Golden Retriever

22 hours ago, muir said:

the overwhelming number of people presenting were female but that doesn't mean men aren't being abused. It just means they aren't presenting to officials with their problems

Women are ‘more controlling and aggressive than men’ in relationships

Men are often thought to be the more aggressive partner, but a new study suggests this is not the case

12:15PM BST 26 Jun 2014

Women are more likely than men to be aggressive and controlling towards their partner, according to a study.

The research found that women showed controlling behaviour along with serious levels of threats, intimidation and physical violence when in a relationship more often than men.

More than 1,000 young men and women were questioned about any “Intimate Partner Violence” (IPV) they had inflicted on a girlfriend or boyfriend, or been subjected to themselves.

The results are in contrast to earlier studies which suggested women are almost always the victims of such behaviour.

Dr Elizabeth Bates, who led the study at the University of Cumbria, said: “Previous studies have sought to explain male violence towards women as arising from patriarchal values, which motivate men to seek to control women’s behaviour, using violence if necessary.”

“This study found that women demonstrated a desire to control their partners and were more likely to use physical aggression than men.

“It wasn’t just pushing and shoving,” said Dr Bates, who presented the results at a meeting of the British Psychological Society in Glasgow. “Some people were circling the boxes for things like beating up, kicking, and threatening to use a weapon.

“In terms of high levels of control and aggression, there was no difference between men and women.”

A study in the 1990s led by the US sociologist Professor Michael P Johnson coined the term “intimate terrorism” to describe controlling behaviour in a relationship.

He found that such “terrorists” are almost always men, a claim which Dr Bates refutes, pointing to the fact that Professor Johnson’s study looked at men in prison and women in refuges, rather than more typical members of the public.

“The stereotypical popular view is still one of dominant control by men,” Dr Bates added. “That does occur but research over the last 10 or 15 years has highlighted the fact that women are controlling and aggressive in relationships too.

“A contributing factor could be that in the past women have talked about it more. Now there is more support for men and more of them are feeling comfortable coming forward.”

Mark Brooks, chair of the ManKind Initiative, which offers support for male victims of domestic abuse, said the research was "game changing".

"No-one can ever now say that violence against a man from a female partner should be treated less seriously than domestic violence committed against a woman," he said.

"At the charity we're not surprised at the findings, because of the type of calls we get to our helpline every day. What concerns us still is the lack of awareness and services available to support those men suffering in this way.

"The Government, local authorities and the police must do more to ensure that domestic abuse against men is viewed and treated in exactly the same way as it rightly is for female victims."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/10927507/Women-are-more-controlling-and-aggressive-than-men-in-relationships.html

In my opinion, this study does not tip the balance of evidence in favour of showing that women are more controlling and aggressive than men in intimate relationships. Here are some examples of journal articles which suggest the opposite:

http://www.brown.uk.com/domesticviolence/dobash.pdf

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1477370813479078

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1748895817743541

The last link is the most recent (2018) and more recent than the 2014 telegraph article you provided. It analyses the data gathered by the Crime Survey for England and Wales which surveys "30–40,000 respondents in a rolling annual programme, collecting data about experiences of crime victimization in the 12 months prior to interview, as well as demographic and socio-economic data". The article concludes that "domestic violence is gender asymmetrical at all levels of seriousness and frequency, not only the most severe." By assymetrical, it means that there it was found that there was considerably more violence against women then men. There were also economic factors at play.

These sources, combined with my own professional experience and my understanding of the male to female ratio of the prison population, suggests to me that there is a sound basis for believing that domestic abuse is a gendered phenomenon with women more often on the receiving end. This is not to say that women cannot be aggressive, controlling and violent as they certainly can, but the weight of evidence suggests to me that this is more of a male trait in intimate relationships.

I doubt that we will ever agree on this issue so perhaps we should now just agree to disagree.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

In my opinion, this study does not tip the balance of evidence in favour of showing that women are more controlling and aggressive than men in intimate relationships. Here are some examples of journal articles which suggest the opposite:

http://www.brown.uk.com/domesticviolence/dobash.pdf

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1477370813479078

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1748895817743541

The last link is the most recent (2018) and more recent than the 2014 telegraph article you provided. It analyses the data gathered by the Crime Survey for England and Wales which surveys "30–40,000 respondents in a rolling annual programme, collecting data about experiences of crime victimization in the 12 months prior to interview, as well as demographic and socio-economic data". The article concludes that "domestic violence is gender asymmetrical at all levels of seriousness and frequency, not only the most severe." By assymetrical, it means that there it was found that there was considerably more violence against women then men. There were also economic factors at play.

These sources, combined with my own professional experience and my understanding of the male to female ratio of the prison population, suggests to me that there is a sound basis for believing that domestic abuse is a gendered phenomenon with women more often on the receiving end. This is not to say that women cannot be aggressive, controlling and violent as they certainly can, but the weight of evidence suggests to me that this is more of a male trait in intimate relationships.

I doubt that we will ever agree on this issue so perhaps we should now just agree to disagree.

i agree. i must say it's as if some people see any balance or retribution, no matter how small on any subject, as some sort of conspiracy that should be a point of concern instead of the actual elephant that is in the room of the subject, which in this case is male-on-female violence.

take mexico and india for recent examples of absolute brutal violence, murder and rape against females. it just doesn't happen the other way about. anywhere in the world.

you just can't equate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

The last link is the most recent (2018) and more recent than the 2014 telegraph article you provided. It analyses the data gathered by the Crime Survey for England and Wales which surveys "30–40,000 respondents in a rolling annual programme, collecting data about experiences of crime victimization in the 12 months prior to interview, as well as demographic and socio-economic data".

once again that is a survey of people who have presented to officialdom with problems

it doesn't necessarily mean women suffer more abuse. It just means that women will present to officialdom with their problems more than men will

men do not trust the system to listen to them or to give them fair representation. This is why less and less guys will get married, because they feel the system is weighted towards women

1 hour ago, Given To Fly said:

i agree. i must say it's as if some people see any balance or retribution, no matter how small on any subject, as some sort of conspiracy that should be a point of concern

i do believe there is an agenda to drive a wedge between men and women yes and i do believe it is a conspiracy by people with an ideological agenda to attack what they call 'heteronormative society' and 'the patriarchy' and 'capitalism'

they see the nuclear family as the building block of the thing they want to tear down and to achieve that they seek to attack and undermine male/female relations

8 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

"For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me

it's become the normal. I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life.

I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.

The problem with brushing things under the carpet is .... they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up

and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.

On December the 12th 2019 I was arrested for common assault on my boyfriend ...

Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around

me, collapsed.I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen. I have always taken responsibility for

what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident. I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.

But I am NOT a domestic abuser.We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident.

this is the climate of fear that has been created with social media

the situation is going to get even worse because the state will create social credit scores. The controllers of the state will decide what gets someones score raised and what gets it lowered

for example if you criticised israeli occupation of palestinean land on social media your social credit score would be lowered; the artificial intelligence will be watching and listening everywhere and all the time. People are already installing things like alexa in their living spaces!

facial recognition software will also monitor peoples bodily movements and anything unusual will flag the person up. Swearing or raised voices will be picked up by 'smart' streetlamps and everyones every move and word will be monitored and analysed by the AI and its algorithms

The state will keep increasing the laws to make new 'hate speech' laws and new laws regulating interactions between men and women that will be so all embracing that almost any act will be able to be interpreted under the catch all nature of the expanding laws as some sort of crime. Its all going to be very subjective and down to the whims of the people with the power to decide what will be enforced and when

The metoo movement is all part of creating this climate of fear where people will be afraid to have what were previously considered normal human interactions in case someone subjectively decides to get offended or feel harassed

they are going to keep tightening the noose and more and more people will be driven to suicide to escape the social isolation it will cause

11 minutes ago, muir said:

i do believe there is an agenda to drive a wedge between men and women yes and i do believe it is a conspiracy by people with an ideological agenda to attack what they call 'heteronormative society' and 'the patriarchy' and 'capitalism'

they see the nuclear family as the building block of the thing they want to tear down and to achieve that they seek to attack and undermine male/female relations

you don't think there is an agenda to attack a balance on inequality and to regress to a time less coherent ? that's what i see. when in our (human) existence period should have it had been like if you think otherwise ?

the nuclear family is a building block i agree but now that there are avenues to expose abuses committed within that block to unmask the crimes that happen doesn't mean that there is an attack on civility/humanity. that's called a cover-up.

1 minute ago, Given To Fly said:

you don't think there is an agenda to attack a balance on inequality and to regress to a time less coherent ? that's what i see. when in our (human) existence period should have it had been like if you think otherwise ?

the nuclear family is a building block i agree but now that there are avenues to expose abuses committed within that block to unmask the crimes that happen doesn't mean that there is an attack on civility/humanity. that's called a cover-up.

i don't think the truth of how the family unit functions will be fairly presented by the people with the ideological agenda

for example if you want to destroy families you have to put them under pressure. One way to do that is through economic pressure. You create austerity and you lower wages and then families become under more pressure

people under pressure will feel more stress and people who feel more stress will drink more and people who drink more will likely have more rows and more intense rows

so we need to look at the whole situation holistically

There is a russian film that explores the implosion of a family under pressure called 'the leviathan'. A local governmental official wants to build on a plot of land where a family lives so he starts putting pressure on them and things begin to unravel with tragic consequences

There is a war on and it is being fought by many means