Sign in to follow this  
Aalob

Don’t hate

21 minutes ago, bryozoa said:

There is only one natural law. Do not take life because when you do this, you have taken something which wasn't yours to take. It doesn't matter if rumours going round your thuggish local community accuse someone of being a loner, nazi or sex-offender. No living thing has the right to take the light from another sentient living being. If someone doesn't understand this then they are not as spirituality advanced as they think tgey are and no amount of bible reading will ever help them.

There is a vitalism in all life. Scientists will never be able to explain how living-matter was generated from non-living matter. Abiogensis as it's called, is one of the unsolved problems in science and it will remain so. It is because the vital life-force has always existed and anyone who snuffs it out of another living being will have to return what they've taken at some-point.

I believe karma is real.....I hope to see it with my own eyes.....

"So I tried to understand why the wicked prosper. But what a difficult task it is! Then one day I went into your sanctuary, O God, and I thought about the destiny of the wicked." - Psalms 73:16-17

• Like 1

righteous anger is weapon to be used in proper situations 

We have to wield our powers.

The idea that you should or shouldn't be anger ... is like many of these either or debates ; they are silly ... and don't constitute any real understanding.

You have to learn about your functions ... including anger, a protective/assertive function ... you have to learn to wield it properly.

People who have anger problems ... have a break in their natural expression, that builds up into a volcano.

Then they want to squash the volcano ... doesn't work.

Also exploding the volcano ... doesn't work either.

So it's time to learn what the problem is .... maybe you were hurt ... but you don't accept it, or you haven't felt it.

Or maybe you don't practice being assertive (due to fears?)

If everybody sits locked in a cell they will accrue no karma, is this what existence wants ?
Karma is a primitive function of the world to teach.

But a conscious being is taking ownership of himself, moving into his functions, learning when and how to use them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

When David Icke said "I don't hate them because I'd be them", it reminds me of when Luke faced the emperor in RotJ. Palpatine was desperate for Luke to succumb to his anger and hatred because he knew he'd turn to the dark side and he would become them. Luke knew he'd most likely die by choosing to remain good but he knew it was a sacrifice he had to make. Luke wasn't afraid, in fact as soon as he said "never... I'll never turn to the dark side", he defeated the emperor in that moment, and Vader knew it. And even though Vader had been turned to the dark side, he realised he still had a choice, it wasn't too late to turn away from the dark side and destroy the emperor who had done nothing but lie and manipulate him.

Luke's choice was incredibly powerful.

I think there's a lot of revealed knowledge in films, etc. To what end I'm not sure. 

Edited by Captain Falcon

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 7:52 PM, Aalob said:

I respect David, just wanted to start with that. 

Listening to to one of his talks a couple of days ago and he said something that really made me think. Y’see, I find it easy to hate. I really do. I believe the bastards running things deserve my hatred. He said ‘don’t hate, because if you do, you become like them’. 

I’m questioning this. I don’t necessarily agree.  I’m perfectly capable of hating whilst remaining a loving and good human being.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Its easy to hate but that keeps you in a state of conflict with the object of the hate. This mental state exists within your mind. We cant always change the world for the better but being full of hate wont help you either. Sometimes the best we can do is to work on our own mind. In time this can be reflected into the world.

A good example of non-violent protest is the Dalai Lama's peaceful resistance to the Chinese occupation of Tibet.

An example of people who can be loving, family people but absolute murdering scum are high ranking nazis, like Himmler. Being good and loving to some people doesnt mean there is no bad in you.

Edited by TothAmmon

On 3/31/2020 at 4:00 AM, rooey said:

righteous anger is weapon to be used in proper situations 

Thats different to hate though.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Captain Falcon said:

When David Icke said "I don't hate them because I'd be them", it reminds me of when Luke faced the emperor in RotJ. Palpatine was desperate for Luke to succumb to his anger and hatred because he knew he'd turn to the dark side and he would become them. Luke knew he'd most likely die by choosing to remain good but he knew it was a sacrifice he had to make. Luke wasn't afraid, in fact as soon as he said "never... I'll never turn to the dark side", he defeated the emperor in that moment, and Vader knew it. And even though Vader had been turned to the dark side, he realised he still had a choice, it wasn't too late to turn away from the dark side and destroy the emperor who had done nothing but lie and manipulate him.

Luke's choice was incredibly powerful.

I think there's a lot of revealed knowledge in films, etc. To what end I'm not sure. 

Yes captain falcon...most times the world has things backwards, in the playground as in the boardrooms we think that bullies are powerful but what's driving them is insecurity and fear, all we need do is recognise this and then  laugh...I love that scene too,  the powerful learn to control their emotions, that's what made him a powerful jedi, the weak ..the emperor give into fear which they mask with controlling behaviour and so on..

I need to learn more from luke...I still get angry many times....

Edited by Anniebee
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, Aalob said:

We can still be better than them whilst hating them, no? I believe so. How can we not despise their parasitic perversion and destruction of (what I believe) should be a beautiful and loving world? 

Gotta say grammar is a bug bear of mine but I don’t hate the perpetrators! ☺️

What we hate in others is a reflection of what we hate in ourselves. If we reject their perversions, we are rejecting our own perversions. If we hate them for abusing their power, it’s because we secretly fear that given the opportunity, we would abuse power. 

Forgiving and having empathy for others will help you forgive yourself & vice versa. You shed judgement and realize how terrible it must feel to stray so far from the light. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dawn said:

What we hate in others is a reflection of what we hate in ourselves. If we reject their perversions, we are rejecting our own perversions. If we hate them for abusing their power, it’s because we secretly fear that given the opportunity, we would abuse power. 

Forgiving and having empathy for others will help you forgive yourself & vice versa. You shed judgement and realize how terrible it must feel to stray so far from the light. 

So dawn when people are fear mongering you and expecting you to be afraid....is it because misery loves company? Why do you think they want to pull others in their direction?

20 hours ago, Anniebee said:

Yes captain falcon...most times the world has things backwards, in the playground as in the boardrooms we think that bullies are powerful but what's driving them is insecurity and fear, all we need do is recognise this and then  laugh...I love that scene too,  the powerful learn to control their emotions, that's what made him a powerful jedi, the weak ..the emperor give into fear which they mask with controlling behaviour and so on..

But there is also the natural instincts of people, such as to acquire power, status and domination. This is also evident in the animal world, of which we are part. Some people dominate because they have the strength to, some want to dominate to hide their own weakness. The later would be the worst type as they need to prove themselves to be strong whereas the person who has actual strength doesnt need to prove it.

8 minutes ago, Anniebee said:

So dawn when people are fear mongering you and expecting you to be afraid....is it because misery loves company? Why do you think they want to pull others in their direction?

That is a good question. I think most of it is just people parroting the msm. The news shows all these stories shaming naughty people not following the rules. Just hammering the message that anyone not following the rules is a grandma murderer. Then all of a sudden my Facebook timeline is full of indignant friends and family venting about the lady who touched the strawberries at the market and businesses that have the audacity to remain open. Most are soooo susceptible to being programmed. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dawn said:

That is a good question. I think most of it is just people parroting the msm. The news shows all these stories shaming naughty people not following the rules. Just hammering the message that anyone not following the rules is a grandma murderer. Then all of a sudden my Facebook timeline is full of indignant friends and family venting about the lady who touched the strawberries at the market and businesses that have the audacity to remain open. Most are soooo susceptible to being programmed. 

I think we must be like crabs in a barrel ..when one is attempting to find light,  has found light others are there to tell you you are mistaken  look how dark it is, perhaps it is comfort we seek in being part of a collective..(I think I have answered my own question).but this dark collective is so enticing...I guess we have been improperly programmed since childhood .....that this barrel climbing to me feels like a slippery slope, easy to fall into the unconsciousness ..over time it gets easier I guess

Edited by Anniebee

14 minutes ago, Anniebee said:

I think we must be like crabs in a barrel ..when one is attempting to find light,  has found light others are there to tell you you are mistaken  look how dark it is, perhaps it is comfort we seek in being part of a collective...but this dark collective is so enticing...I guess we have been improperly programmed since childhood .....

Agreed. Our education system only rewards us for recall and regurgitation. 

I have a friend from high school who is very sweet, a teacher, ..very white. And she has decided it is her life’s mission to spread white privilege awareness. She delights in telling white people that they are racist when they breathe. She very much thinks she is fighting the good fight, when in reality she has been weaponized by the media to perpetuate hate and divisiveness. I have never bothered to say anything because I know her cognitive dissonance is such, that it would be the end of the friendship. 

A lot of people just get downright angry when you try to introduce a new perspective. I think there is a lot of ego involved. I’m smart! I’m informed! Why is it you think you know something I don’t?! You try to tell them they have been looking at the wrong sources...which then just enables them to tell you to get your tinfoil hat. Because as you say, the collective is on their side and that brings comfort... and false confidence. 

On 4/2/2020 at 11:01 PM, Anniebee said:

I went for a walk earlier today, and just ended up feeling angry and moaning to myself. I went to the park and there were quite a few people there which is encouraging really, but I was still pissed off with the bullshit virus situation.

Anger is a part of being human, but too much of it for too long, well it's just not healthy. I've had a good few days, calm and centred, but today just got to me a bit. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Captain Falcon said:

I went for a walk earlier today, and just ended up feeling angry and moaning to myself. I went to the park and there were quite a few people there which is encouraging really, but I was still pissed off with the bullshit virus situation.

Anger is a part of being human, but too much of it for too long, well it's just not healthy. I've had a good few days, calm and centred, but today just got to me a bit. 

What got me going was had to walk an hour to the nearest santander ..which is the second closest to me(the first was shut due to CV) and even this one was shut! And no other way of getting at my money!

Got some the following day but had to travel much much further!  So even when you switch of the insane psychological abuse of death and horror the media are promoting daily,  the situation still got to me indirectly..so to be really advanced like Luke all/any external events should remain on the outside of you and not taken within. Much practice will get you there...or maybe its an immediate decision just decide not to be angry 

Edited by Anniebee

19 minutes ago, Anniebee said:

So even when you switch of the insane psychological abuse of death and horror the media are promoting daily,  the situation still got to me indirectly..

That's exactly it I think. It's the general vibe of my neck of the woods, loads of places closed, some people wearing masks, people looking at each other suspiciously, etc. (although a few people I've encountered don't seem to give a shit which is good). Things are just weird at the moment.

23 minutes ago, Anniebee said:

so to be really advanced like Luke all/any external events should remain on the outside of you and not taken within. Much practice will get you there...or maybe its an immediate decision just decide not to be angry 

I think it can be an immediate decision, but it can also be easier said than done, which is where the practice comes into it. I don't have to react to situations... me getting angry if someone looks at me like I've got the plague doesn't have to "make" me angry, and that anger only has a detrimental effect on me. Maybe the person is angry because they're scared or whatever, well that can be their problem, it doesn't have to be mine.

I'm a work in progress. These past couple of weeks have made me realise a few things about myself... mainly that I was more angry and bitter and tended towards negativity than I cared to admit.

This could be a time of reflection and healing if people so choose.

17 minutes ago, Captain Falcon said:

That's exactly it I think. It's the general vibe of my neck of the woods, loads of places closed, some people wearing masks, people looking at each other suspiciously, etc. (although a few people I've encountered don't seem to give a shit which is good). Things are just weird at the moment.

I think it can be an immediate decision, but it can also be easier said than done, which is where the practice comes into it. I don't have to react to situations... me getting angry if someone looks at me like I've got the plague doesn't have to "make" me angry, and that anger only has a detrimental effect on me. Maybe the person is angry because they're scared or whatever, well that can be their problem, it doesn't have to be mine.

I'm a work in progress. These past couple of weeks have made me realise a few things about myself... mainly that I was more angry and bitter and tended towards negativity than I cared to admit.

This could be a time of reflection and healing if people so choose.

"This could be a time of reflection and healing if people so choose."

Yes that's the amazing thing, cos even in the bible it says "what was meant for your harm, he will turn it around to your benefit"....words to that effect...cos 

I have been using this time for my passions including meditation which I think many are doing now...whatever the end game we will face it when we get there...