Sign in to follow this  
theo102

Censorship at Religious Forums

The following is an exchange between myself and mods at Religious Forums over information relating to chlorine dioxide.

Here's the thing. When you delete posts which contain factual information about potential remedies you are expressing the same type of behaviour as the Chinese apparatchiks who suppressed information about the virus in order to save face, with the consequence that the consequences of the pandemic became more severe because people were kept from making informed choices.

@exchemist's claim that chlorine dioxide is toxic bleach is demonstrably false because of its beneficial role in eliminating pathogens from drinking water. Hydrogen dioxide, the primary chemical in water, will also kill you if you drink enough of it. Further, exchemist falsely accused me of lying and has of course been unable to substantiate that allegation.

exchemist isn't the only one pushing disinformation about chlorine dioxide. From the FDA:

Since 2010, the FDA has warned consumers about the dangers of Miracle or Master Mineral Solution, Miracle Mineral Supplement, MMS, Chlorine Dioxide (CD) Protocol, Water Purification Solution (WPS) and other similar products.
It's true that some people have suffered serious side effects after misusing MMS. What the FDA avoids mentioning are the claims that people have reported health benefits from using MMS, in particular malaria, which in one case 154 people were cured in 24-48 hours without side effects.

This of course becomes a political issue because Trump has supported the trial of the anti-malarial chlorquine, which isn't approved by the FDA for treating the coronavirus either.

the solution, when mixed, develops into a dangerous bleach which has caused serious and potentially life-threatening side effects.
This is false for the same reason that exchemists claim is false. The claim is not qualified, so it implies that any mixture is dangerous, which obviously is overstating the risk when chlorine dioxide is added to municipal water supplies and there is no evidence of adverse effects to people's health in doing this.

The argument that chorination of drinking water isn't the same in principle as ingesting a solution of sodium chlorite fails because in both cases the role of the substance is to eliminate pathogens. The only meaningful physical difference is the amount that is ingested.

But it gets worse.

Miracle Mineral Solution and similar products are not FDA-approved, and ingesting these products is the same as drinking bleach.
The commercial bleach Chlorox doesn't even contain sodium chlorite. The FDA is fraudulently promoting it's interests in obtaining taxpayer money to set health policy.

I hope this gives you food for thought and you have a rational response to it.

Sorry, @Theo102,

In the current situation, we do not allow for the type of conspiracy theory you are promoting. Anything that goes against CDC guidelines is considered to be against our rules for the duration of this pandemic.

What you have presented is a dangerous and false treatment for a dangerous disease. If you intend to keep posting such nonsense, we will have to keep you under restriction for the duration.

So, will you refrain from posting material on the corona virus that is based on conspiracy theories and counter to what the CDC or WHO has stated about this disease?

By the way. This is not a debate.
A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.
--Pope
#2Polymath257, Today at 11:17 AM

Polymath257 said: 
In the current situation, we do not allow for the type of conspiracy theory you are promoting.
What conspiracy theory do you think that I'm promoting?

As you were told, this is not a debate.

You were asked a question.

अहम् ब्रह्मास्मि

SalixIncendium said: 
As you were told, this is not a debate.
If it were a debate you would lose. To answer the question would imply that the assertion that I am promoting a conspiracy theory is correct. When talking about conspiracies it is important to know the intent and the extent, which is why I asked for clarification.

From the context we can infer that the forum mission involves endorsing information from the CDC regardless of the facts, although of course this isn't stated explicitly. Obviously, therefore, it is reasonable to take a closer look at the facts about the CDC in the context of conspiracies.

"Brian, you and I don't know each other very well. I don't know how this is all going to play out. You have a son with autism and I have great shame now when I meet families with kids with autism because I have been part of the problem." ~ William Thompson, CDC, to Brian Hooker.

"The CDC has put the research ten years behind, because the CDC has not been transparent. We've missed ten years of research because the CDC is so paralysed right now by anything related to autism." ~ William Thompson

"And what we discovered and reported for the first time was this link between what appeared to be a novel type of intestinal inflammation and autistic regression in previously developmentally normal children, and among those the majority had regressed into autism according to their parents following the measles mumps rubella vaccine" ~ Andrew Wakefield.

Leo Gura is big on censorship on his actualized.org forum, too.