Sign in to follow this  
figgy

Practical steps to a better life

Hi All

This is my first post so please let me know if this has been discussed before.

I love listening to David and watching his videos and he has done a lot to open my eyes to what is going on in the world.

I was just wondering what we can do as individuals and groups to build a better, more independent life, less affected by the powers that be.

Things I am doing are:

Removing all debt. I owe some money to a family member but apart from that, I am debt free.

Going off grid. This is gradually coming together as and when we can afford it. We are still on grid for most things but we are not reliant on the grid as we have back ups.

Buying for life. We live in a society where stuff is so cheap that when things go wrong or look shabby, we just buy another one. This keeps us in a constant spiral of consumption and means we need access to a supply of new stuff. What we are trying to do is to find alternatives that will last a lifetime for items that are critical.

Learning new skills. Self-reliance is a big thing for me.  I am constantly learning new skills that I believe will be crucial in the future. Things like gardening, first aid, purifying water, electronics, programming, mechanics, welding, building a wind turbine etc. Skills and tools are important to me.

Getting and staying healthy. Health and debt are what they use to keep us in check. If you are in debt and need lifelong treatment they have you. you cannot complain. You have to keep you head down and your nose to the grindstone. Getting healthy is very important to me especially now that I am getting on a bit. Maintain a healthy weight, get out and move about a bit, eat proper food and drink clean water.

Be happy. It is easy to get depressed with all that is happening in the world but I think it is important to stay positive and try to be as happy as you can be. I do find that taking positive steps towards building a better life does make me happy.

So what else can we do to build resilience and self-reliance into our lives?

Figgy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Figgy

I like your thinking. We may not be able to change the world but we can change our own world.

I have been wondering about how I can set up a local, mutual support group so we can share tools and skills etc

GI

• Like 2

Guest David Stevenson

Count me in

If enough peeps want to share and or gain new skills, I'm willing to come and give live skills lectures and craft courses if I can fund my travelling costs.

Shoe making made easy

Metalwork, hardening and tempering metals.

Leatherwork,

Silversmithing and many more,

Interested let me know

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/welcome-to-my-home-made-world/

Guest David Stevenson
Posted (edited)

There are still some places left all over Europe, but it means hard work and reciprocation if such a venture was to succeed.

Edited by David Stevenson

I loved watching both of those videos. I have seen many such abandoned villages in Spain

If all goes to plan with the reduction in population there will be many abandoned villages in the UK too in the not too distant future.

Figgy

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 9:08 PM, Guest David Stevenson said:

Count me in

If enough peeps want to share and or gain new skills, I'm willing to come and give live skills lectures and craft courses if I can fund my travelling costs.

Shoe making made easy

Metalwork, hardening and tempering metals.

Leatherwork,

Silversmithing and many more,

Interested let me know

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/welcome-to-my-home-made-world/

You would be welcome to join that other place I mentioned to give a virtual lecture.

If you get enough attendees together  I'd travel up to where you are to attend a course.

Edited by It'sallbs

All the things you are doing will probably be made illegal one day. The cabal aren't stupid.

• Like 1