masonfreeparty

extinction rebellion nutters...are some paid rent a mob?

Look at this the government rejected a petition to stop the nutters causing havoc in London:

his petition was rejected

Why was this petition rejected?

It’s about something that the UK Government or Parliament is not responsible for.

We can't accept your petition because policing protests is an operational matter for the police and not the responsibility of the UK Government or Parliament.

We only reject petitions that don’t meet the petition standards.

• 23 April 2019

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/258835

Posted (edited)

where did they get a fire engine from? Surely that would cost a pretty penny...

Also there seem to be photographers standing around who must have been tipped off that a stunt was to go ahead but clearly none of them have tipped off the authorities? I bet if i parked a fire engine outside the treasury building and started unloading a hose with a bunch of photographers standing around some security would be sent out to see what was going on so how have these people been allowed to hose down a government building unmolested?

Edited by muir
  • Like 1

the same place migrants get a regular supply of ferries from libya to italy.

Soros Transport Solutions

Untitled8.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2019 at 5:38 AM, itsnotallrightjack said:

Ha ha ha hardly anyone has signed their petition for Android to include their emoji.😂

https://www.change.org/p/apple-introduce-the-extinction-rebellion-emoji-to-android-and-ios

On 10/4/2019 at 4:35 PM, bamboozooka said:

the same place migrants get a regular supply of ferries from libya to italy.

Soros Transport Solutions

Untitled8.jpg

I tried to sign the petition but they wont take fuck off as the first and second names go figure.  Sorros transport solutions,bet that will never be listed on the stock exchange,no way known it could make a profit.

Edited by peter
  • Haha 1

A money making racket! 💷

A UK billionaire worth £1.2billion and rock band Radiohead are among the major donors ploughing money into Extinction Rebellion.

Sir Christopher Hohn, one of the richest men in the UK, has given a hefty £50,000 to the environmental group, who unleashed a three-day Hong Kong-style protest at London City Airport today.

Sir Hohn told The Daily Telegraph: ‘I am a personal funder of Extinction Rebellion. 

'I recently gave them £50,000 because humanity is aggressively destroying the world with climate change and there is an urgent need for us all to wake up to this fact.’ 

The charity he co-founded, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), is thought to have given a further £150,000 to the climate activist group.

It is claimed none of the money he donated went towards the group’s acts of civil disobedience.

Friends in high places!  

His hedge fund, named the Children’s Investment Fund, used to own a two per cent stake in Coal India, a state-backed company based in Kolkata. The stake was sold in 2014. The firm extracted more than 400 million tonnes of coal from the ground in the year of the sale.

Virtue signalling payment. 🤘🏻

Andrew Medway, a former bank trader who organises the group’s donations, said more than half of the donations have been raised online and more than 6,000 people have donated more than £600,000 this week. 

Other high profile donors include rock band Radiohead, which has already given £250,000, and Joe Corré, the founder of lingerie firm Agent Provocateur founder and son of Dame Vivienne Westwood, who has donated £50,000.

US organisation Climate Emergency Fund, which is mainly financed by Aileen Getty, 62, the granddaughter of J Paul Getty, once the world’s richest man, has given £330,000 to the protestors.

As well as donations, a number of stars have joined the protest that started in London on Monday, such as Benedict Cumberbatch, model Daisy Lowe, comedian Ruby Wax and actors Juliet Stevenson and Mark Rylance.

The climate change activists appealed for donations following a police raid on its warehouse in Kennington, South London, last week in which tents and other equipment were seized. 

Its fundraiser for October’s London protests last night generated more than £825,000 so far.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7560683/Extinction-Rebellion-money-men-revealed.html

The 50K donation from Hohn would just be enough to fund the MacDonalds free food vouchers for those who took place in the marches, money straight back into the pockets of the rich and dead food for the bemaddened minds who take place.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

A UK billionaire worth £1.2billion and rock band Radiohead are among the major donors ploughing money into Extinction Rebellion.

Sir Christopher Hohn, one of the richest men in the UK, has given a hefty £50,000 to the environmental group, who unleashed a three-day Hong Kong-style protest at London City Airport today.

Sir Hohn told The Daily Telegraph: ‘I am a personal funder of Extinction Rebellion. 

'I recently gave them £50,000 because humanity is aggressively destroying the world with climate change and there is an urgent need for us all to wake up to this fact.’ 

The charity he co-founded, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), is thought to have given a further £150,000 to the climate activist group.

It is claimed none of the money he donated went towards the group’s acts of civil disobedience.

Yeah right, I'm sure it didn't. So the question then is what are this group doing with the money they have been given?

And the other question is that of whether this charity should be giving away £150,000 to this group? Surely this money would have been better spent on, you know, actually investing in children?

These charities are just fraudulent scams, and a great way to launder huge sums of money, all tax-free of course.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Yeah right, I'm sure it didn't. So the question then is what are this group doing with the money they have been given?

And the other question is that of whether this charity should be giving away £150,000 to this group? Surely this money would have been better spent on, you know, actually investing in children?

These charities are just fraudulent scams, and a great way to launder huge sums of money, all tax-free of course.

To buy old fire engines (powered by eco friendly diesel) to splash organic paint onto buildings and pavements to offset CO2. 🌍

To give children hope in the future by dancing in weird costumes and screaming nonsense like Victorian Bedlam patients.

To collect large sums of money and then spend it travelling to London, having picnics, jamming on guitars and yoga practise, then  prostrating themselves on pavements and proclaiming the end of the world is nigh.

Oh wait-- reminds me of  lies about hellfire and indulgences for sale by the Catholic church...( those priests, their lies and their whisky and fine living ).

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 1

Question: when  12 years have passed and there is obviously no "climate change emergency" will Sir Christopher Hohn and Radiohead request a refund? 😅

Look at this idiot!

High as a kite! I dunno how the plod didn't burst out laughing at his antics.

"Consume less or perish"- shades of Catholic hellfire threats.

Many of us oldsters consume very little and grew up in cold houses with ice on the inside of the windows in winter and wore hand me downs. Very very offensive placard. 

15 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

To buy old fire engines (powered by eco friendly diesel) to splash organic paint onto buildings and pavements to offset CO2. 🌍

To give children hope in the future by dancing in weird costumes and screaming nonsense like Victorian Bedlam patients.

To collect large sums of money and then spend it travelling to London, having picnics, jamming on guitars and yoga practise, then  prostrating themselves on pavements and proclaiming the end of the world is nigh.

Oh wait-- reminds me of  lies about hellfire and indulgences for sale by the Catholic church...( those priests, their lies and their whisky and fine living ).

So, not actually doing anything then?

Just an exercise in mindless debauchery, with no real practical solutions being offered or debated.

In regards to "problem-reaction-solution", the 'problem' has been presented, the 'reaction' has been entirely predictable, and the 'solution' (for these people) is ready to be lapped up.

The "brainwashed sheep" have a lot to answer for...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

So, not actually doing anything then?

Just an exercise in mindless debauchery, with no real practical solutions being offered or debated.

In regards to "problem-reaction-solution", the 'problem' has been presented, the 'reaction' has been entirely predictable, and the 'solution' (for these people) is ready to be lapped up.

The "brainwashed sheep" have a lot to answer for...

Lying in the road saves the planet apparently! :classic_huh:

Oh and it also pays for the plod to give them gourmet vegan and vegetarian meals when they "arrest" them and put them in a police cell at the plod station! 

( I'm a vegetarian myself so it's not the meal itself that I'm criticizing  it's the fact that they get a free fancy meal, with options in the first place- not a glass of water and a biscuit!).

The Met has handed out a record number of vegan meals to prisoners after arresting more than 1,100 Extinction Rebellion activists this week, MailOnline can reveal today.

Scotland Yard has had pallets of meat-free dishes and dairy-free drinks delivered to its police stations amid an influx of detainees following eco-protests across London.

Members of Extinction Rebellion have brought the capital to a standstill this week, with protesters targeting the BBC's main office on a fifth consecutive day of action.

Vegan activists that are currently being detained in police cells throughout London will be given the option of a vegetarian chilli for their evening meal tonight.

Inspector Brian Smith of Brixton station revealed the force had ordered in extra vegan portions after activists moaned about a lack of meat-free options in April.

During the similarly-widespread protests, detainees also complained about a shortage of alternatives to cow's milk, such as soya and almond milk.

In a video posted to social media, Inspector Smith said: 'Well everyone knows we ran a bit low last time so this time we've got plenty.

'In fact yesterday a pallet load of vegan food was delivered so we've got plenty for everyone.' 

A Metropolitan Police source told the MailOnline: 'Record numbers of vegan meals are being used in our cells'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7563335/Met-Police-brag-ordering-record-numbers-VEGAN-meals-arrested-Extinction-Rebellion-mob.html

If the Victorians could see how soft we have become they'd be astonished! 

what they are doing here is something that has been done before many times

they are writing tomorrows history books today

what I mean by that is , all of this is going in the archives , into print and visual media and of course the main stream all side with the activists

so in a hundred years or so , when the population sees the archives , they will see that there were mass protests of concerned citizens desperate to save the planet

what they will not see is that these people were paid to do so , or funded by certain interests , because that info wont make it into the archives

so the future population will look back and see that something was demanded by the people and the leaders reacted with urgency to join the cause of '' saving the planet ''

our voices will be gone, erased or otherwise labelled as '' wrong think '' and made into something worse than Satan himself could come up with , we will be the ones who are called '' evil '' and the shame of looking at what we thought will be too much for most to handle , any that get their hands on this material questioning whats going on will be demonized and made out to be dangerous

what will not make it into the archives are the plethora of NWO material written by the likes of the UN . CFR , Bilderberg Group, Round Table org that have all ready called for all of the measures currently being asked for by the extinction rebellion crowd

this whole process is writing tomorrows history today , it's theater and designed to become part of our history lessons taken as fact , taken as a given that all of this really happened and that suddenly people all over the world demanded their leaders essentially kill them off to save the planet

and you can see thats where it's heading

I was amazed a few weeks ago when I saw a woman ask Bernie Sanders ( she was obviously a plant ) what is he prepared to do to reduce the population so the planet can be saved

I mean the sheer lunacy

I was amazed I was actually watching , via  a mainstream source , a citizen actually ask a leader  '' how are you going to kill more of us because thats what you need to do ''

anyway he went on a rant about making sure abortion is available in Africa and so on ..

which again is fucking fascinating 

because we are constantly told that racism is a massive issue that needs dealing with but then on the flip side these lunatics in power are quite willing to stand on stage and describe how they will set up abortion clinics in Africa to cull the population

it's Alistair Crowleys Theme Park 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MrA said:

I was amazed a few weeks ago when I saw a woman ask Bernie Sanders ( she was obviously a plant ) what is he prepared to do to reduce the population so the planet can be saved

I mean the sheer lunacy

I was amazed I was actually watching , via  a mainstream source , a citizen actually ask a leader  '' how are you going to kill more of us because thats what you need to do ''

anyway he went on a rant about making sure abortion is available in Africa and so on ..

which again is fucking fascinating 

because we are constantly told that racism is a massive issue that needs dealing with but then on the flip side these lunatics in power are quite willing to stand on stage and describe how they will set up abortion clinics in Africa to cull the population

it's Alistair Crowleys Theme Park 2019

Disgusting and disturbing Mr. A. It's not just Sanders musing on how to wipe out the "plebs/masses/undesirables/useless eaters". The Extinction Rebellion founder has stated that some people "may die " in their "process" of "bringing down" the government. It's unclear if he was referring to the government members or people who get in their way.

Now, I'm no fan of the government but history shows that forceful revolutions result in the deaths of thousands of people and actually do not result in utopia afterwards. Revolutions are violent and bloody.

The way ER are carrying on is worrying- how long will it be before they resort to using weapons? The way they keep splashing red paint on pavements seems to hint what they are planning in the long term- bloodshed.

I do hope I'm wrong and they just get tired of their antics and fizzle out or the Army is called with water cannons to disperse them, with a warning from the government that they are to disband and stop causing obstructions, stopping people getting to work and hospital appointments, stop defacing the streets and to go home or they will each be fined £1,000.

They are dangerous,  and a threat to the peace of Western  society far more so than Kim Jong Un ever was!

1 minute ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Disgusting and disturbing Mr. A. It's not just Sanders musing on how to wipe out the "plebs/masses/undesirables/useless eaters". The Extinction Rebellion founder has stated that some people "may die " in their "process" of "bringing down" the government. It's unclear if he was referring to the government members or people who get in their way. Now, I'm no fan of the government but history shows that forceful revolutions result in the deaths of thousands of people and actually do not result in utopia afterwards. Revolutions are violent and bloody. The way ER are carrying on is worrying- how long will it be before they resort to using weapons? The way they keep splashing red paint on pavements seems to hint what they are planning in the long term- bloodshed. I do hope I'm wrong and they just get tired of their antics and fizzle out or the Army is called with water cannons to disperse them, with a warning from the government that they are to disband and stop causing obstructions, stopping people getting to work and hospital appointments, stop defacing the streets and to go home or they will each be fined £1,000.

problem with that is currently the authorities are 100% on their side

who the hell else gets permission to create a stand still of traffic in some of the busiest places in a city ?

they were at it in Vancouver and Victoria BC last week

blocked bridges at rush hour as people were going home

there are a plethora of govt backed '' anarchists '' building themselves into some sort of citizens militia right in front of everyones faces

and any opposition to these people is labelled as '' right wing extremism ''

so .. you can see where this is all headed yes

• Like 2

Extinction Rebellion Is a Secular Cult on Which to Keep an Eye
Commentary, Climate, Marco Navarro-GenieOctober 12, 2019.

Cults obey a logic of their own and do not follow the parameters of mainstream logic. 

Climate zealots who concertedly blockaded bridges and important public ways in order to help the planet against climate change defy common logic. Blockading traffic and at times endangering tens of thousands of commuters to pressure governments to listen to their eco-demands hurts more than helps the environment. 

Vehicle emissions pollute the air and harm the environment by adding carbon dioxide (CO2) into the air. C02 accelerates the greenhouse effects, which in turn, climate enthusiasts believe, induces conditions for catastrophic climate change.

By the protestors’ own convictions, driving more and driving longer using petrol are activities that harm the planet. The same for idling engines. So, when the blockading protestors push people to drive longer and slower around their blockades or forcing people to idle for long periods of time, they are harming the environment.  

The effect of their illogical actions will not kill the planet but is not insignificant. An average modern vehicle operating normally emits about 2.4 kilograms of CO2 per liter of gasoline. Older vehicles emit even more. And there is more. There are a variety of smog-causing agents, volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide (a poisonous gas) and various nitrogen oxides out of a tail pipe. In addition, slow-moving vehicles through congested routes at about 30 kilometres per hour spend over 10 percent more fuel while vehicles that move in a stop-and-go manner at low speeds increase upward of 47 percent. Diesel vehicles emit about 15 per cent more than a regular gasoline engine on average.

The cumulative effect of hundreds of thousands of vehicles in Canada and millions around the world idling for extended periods of time or forced to drive longer and more slowly add millions of kilograms of pollutants and more C02 needlessly into the air. All this at a time when there supposedly exists an ecological emergency, putting out fires with gasoline.

The blockade organizers call themselves Extinction Rebellion (XR). They are secular cult zealots, calling sinners to mend their ways lest they be condemned to the fires of hell; they believe that the planet is headed toward the demise of our civilization unless we heed their call and stop consuming hydrocarbons. Expressing their end-of-times mentality, their symbol is an hourglass, driving the point that the planet is running out of time. 

XR members see themselves conducting a “non-violent rebellion against the governments of the world for climate and ecological justice.” Their “rebellious” agenda is propelled by the radical belief that we live an “unprecedented global emergency.” “Life on Earth is in crisis.”

Their website claims “The Truth”: “Scientist agree we have entered a period of abrupt climate breakdown and we are in the midst of a mass extinction of our own making.” 

Readers will recognize these words from a teenager’s famous “How Dare You” UN address, not because XR are her followers, but because she was a messenger of their radical agenda.  

How radical? Radical enough that they alone hold the truth and the moral authority to save humanity. Their message is a feedback loop of beliefs, typical to closed belief systems. The words of a Halifax bridge-blockading activists, screamed at a woman riding a bicycle (!) with the circular echoes of Thunberg wrath, show how children indoctrinated into an existential angst are then used by parents as a justification for their actions: “Our children think that they should not have children. That is how much we are stealing their future.” 

Extinction Rebellion’s blocking of bridges around the world aims to establish an eco-centered oligarchy: governments of the world must accept their beliefs and declare a climate and ecological emergency; the same governments must commit to slaughtering their economies to arrive to net zero emissions by 2025; and governments must submit their authority to what XR call “Citizens’ Assemblies on Climate and Ecological Justice.” 

The latter is nothing short of a transfer of democratic power to oligarchies of frantic enviro-zealots compelled by their imagined threat of planetary doom. 

XR are prepared to go to prison and, like most cults, are prepared to wreak havoc onto the world until the world meets their demands and converts, non-violently for now. But that may change. Their sense of urgency may turn in frustration to violent desperation, prompting their twisted logic to jump to criminal action. 

However well-meaning they may appear on the surface, we ought not too easily dismiss these eco-zealots and their potentially dangerous disposition.

https://fcpp.org/2019/10/12/extinction-rebellion-is-a-secular-cult-on-which-to-keep-an-eye/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Madness Of Extinction Rebellion: ‘Death Cult’

Extinction Rebellion ceremony

Yesterday, in London, I witnessed an eerie, chilling sight: I saw a death cult holding a ceremony in public.

The men and women gathered outside King’s Cross station and formed a circle. They swayed and chanted. They preached about the End Times.

‘What will you do when the world gets hot, what, what?’, they intoned, conjuring up images of the hellfire they believe will shortly consume mankind.

They sang hymns to their god – science. ‘We’ve got all the science / All that we need / To change the world / Hallelujah’, they sang, rocking side to side as they did so.

They demanded repentance. ‘Buy less, fly less, fry less’, said one placard. Catholics only demand the non-consumption of meat on Fridays, as an act of penance to mark the day of Christ’s death.

This new religion demands an end to meat-consumption entirely, as penance for mankind’s sins of growth and progress.

And like all death cultists, they handed out leaflets that contained within them ‘THE TRUTH’.

The leaflets foretell floods and fire: ‘We are in trouble. Sea levels are rising… Africa and the Amazon are on fire.’ The only word that was missing was locusts. They can’t be far behind these other ghastly visitations to sinful mankind.

And if you question their TRUTH? Then, like those heretics who were hauled before The Inquisition 500 years ago, you will be denounced as a denier. A denier of their revelations, a denier of their visions.

‘Denial is not a policy’, their placards decreed. Spotting me filming their spooky, apocalyptic ceremony, one of the attendees waved that placard in my face. A warning from the cult to a corrupted outsider.

This was, of course, Extinction Rebellion. Let us no longer beat around the bush about these people. This is an upper-middle-class death cult.

This is a millenarian movement that might speak of science, but which is driven by sheer irrationalism. By fear, moral exhaustion, and misanthropy.

This is the deflated, self-loathing bourgeoisie coming together to project their own psycho-social hang-ups on to society at large. They must be criticized and ridiculed out of existence.

Yesterday’s gathering, like so many other Extinction Rebellion gatherings, was middle-aged and middle-class. The commuters heading in and out of King’s Cross looked upon them with bemusement.

‘Oh, it’s those Extinction freaks’, I heard one young man say. It had the feel of Hampstead and the Home Counties descending on a busy London spot to proselytize the cult of eco-alarmism to the brainwashed, commuting plebs.

It was a gathering to mark Extinction Rebellion’s week of disruption. The group is asking people in London and other cities around the world to ‘take two weeks off work’ and join the revolt against the ‘climate and ecological crisis’.

You can tell who they’re trying to appeal to. Working-class people and the poor of New Delhi, Mumbai and Cape Town – some of the cities in which Extinction Rebellion will be causing disruption – of course, cannot afford to take two weeks off work.

But then, these protests aren’t for those people. In fact, they’re against those people.

Extinction Rebellion is a reactionary, regressive and elitist movement whose aim is to impose the most disturbing form of austerity imaginable on people across the world.

One of the great ironies of ‘progressive’ politics today is that people of a leftist persuasion will say it is borderline fascism if the Tory government closes down a library in Wolverhampton, but then they will cheer this eco-death cult when it demands a virtual halt to economic growth with not a single thought for the devastating, immiserating and outright lethal impact such a course of action would have on the working and struggling peoples of the world.

Extinction Rebellion says mankind is doomed if we do not cut carbon emissions to Net Zero by 2025. That’s six years’ time. Think about it: they want us to halt a vast array of human activity that produces carbon.

All that Australian digging for coal; all those Chinese factories employing millions of people and producing billions of things used by people around the world; all those jobs in the UK in the fossil-fuel industries; all those coal-fired power stations; all that flying; all that driving… cut it all back, rein it in, stop it.

And the people who rely on these things for their work and their food and their warmth? Screw them. They’re only humans. Horrible, destructive, stupid humans.

Progressive movements, as the name suggests, used to be about pursuing progress, pushing mankind forward, creating a better, wealthier world for all.

Extinction Rebellion wants the precise opposite. It wants to propel us backward, to the Stone Age. It wants to reverse the most important moment in human history – the Industrial Revolution.

It wants to undo that revolution’s liberation of mankind from the brutishness and ignorance of life on the land and recreate that old, unforgiving world in which we all ‘ate locally’, never traveled, danced around maypoles for fun, and died of cholera when we were 38.

The sheer backwardness of Extinction Rebellion was captured when two of its members appeared on Sky News yesterday morning.

‘What would be a victory?’@SophyRidgeSky asks members of #ExtinctionRebellion what action the government would have to take for them to call off their demonstrations. #Ridge

For more, head here: https://t.co/rQLkkJnmSH pic.twitter.com/RKogEIAkVN

— Ridge on Sunday (@RidgeOnSunday) October 6, 2019

They complained, hysterically, about modernity. One of them bemoaned all the electricity that is used in a city like London.

So the very lighting up and warming of cities, the electricity that powers homes and workplaces and transport systems and life-support machines, is offensive to these hair-shirted, self-flagellating loathers of arrogant humankind.

‘Switch it all off,’ is their alarmingly immoral cry.

What is most astonishing about the Extinction Rebellion phenomenon is what an easy ride these people get in the media and from political types. They are treated as wise and radical defenders of reason and the future. Please.

These people are a menace to good sense, rationality, truth, and progress. Their predictions of hellfire if we don’t cut carbon emissions by 2025 are pure bunkum.

They lie and spread fear and disrupt hard-working people’s lives. If you see this cult promoting its deathly propaganda on the streets of your city this week, give them a piece of your mind.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/madness-extinction-rebellion/

This article is so spot on. So the activists want all the plebs to turn off their electricity? Does that mean switching off incubators for premature babies? Life support machines for patients? Shut down heart monitors? 

Do they expect plebs to go back to lighting their houses with loads of candles ( or paraffin lamps) and significantly increase house fire risks? ( Don't get me wrong I think candlelight is so atmospheric but house fire deaths were very common in the 19th century). 

Will they shut down the internet? It won't work without electricity!  What will they do with all the computers, iphones, tablets, TVs,  cookers, microwave ovens, stereo players etc then? Put them in landfills?  

And how will plebs cook their meals? Will they be allowed gas? Not everyone has the luxury of an Aga ( and a home with a chimney)- but then I expect they will ban Agas too for creating emissions.

Would this extend to heating too- since central heating will not work ( even if it's powered by gas the boiler gets ignited by electricity)? Maybe they will come and build Russian ovens for every pleb? Certainly not! Let them freeze to death- especially the elderly and babies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

trouble is we have had the ability to get off oil and natural gas for a long time

it's just that every time someone uses the available material they got shut down

Henry Ford and Nikolai Tesla are two examples

and look at the bastards who now use Teslas name to sell their electric vehicles , urge mankind to assimilate with an AI system that removes your autonomy and so on

it's all a disgusting joke

we could have had hemp as the mainstay of our fuel and engineering projects for at least a century

but no

hemp bad oil good

and I know I sound like a hippy when I mention the potential of hemp but I'm not I'm a realist and Hemp products should and cold be readily available to everyone in the form of fuel , clothing and even food

the Hemp hearts are one of the best nutritional superfoods out there and its all completely natural , Hemp Hearts are better than any chemical multi vitamin supplement out there

not one part of that plant has to go to waste when it's harvested , not one bit

they even think its one of the best electrical conductors we have , removing the need for so many metal conductors in our electrical systems

any word from the extinction rebellion crowd on the potential for Hemp to change the world or do they just want us all to die instead ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrA said:

problem with that is currently the authorities are 100% on their side

who the hell else gets permission to create a stand still of traffic in some of the busiest places in a city ?

they were at it in Vancouver and Victoria BC last week

blocked bridges at rush hour as people were going home

there are a plethora of govt backed '' anarchists '' building themselves into some sort of citizens militia right in front of everyones faces

and any opposition to these people is labelled as '' right wing extremism ''

so .. you can see where this is all headed yes

You are totally correct. At first one would wonder how seemingly anarchist eco warriors preaching they want to bring governments down would get the backing of the governments that they profess to despise and want gone. It would appear that the two do not correlate.

But when one realises that the previous doom mongering articles just before these eco nutters kicked off was all about how AI/robots/androids are going to make most jobs and careers obsolete in the near future and that governments cannot afford to pay every pleb UBI. 

So, how to start reducing the number of plebs ( with the aim to get rid of most of them in a hundred years or so)? The elite have been debating this amongst themselves since the mid 20th century.

The answer: allow a few eco nutters free rein to create a cult that creates the conditions to get the job done.

52 minutes ago, MrA said:

trouble is we have had the ability to get off oil and natural gas for a long time

it's just that every time someone uses the available material they got shut down

Henry Ford and Nikolai Tesla are two examples

and look at the bastards who now use Teslas name to sell their electric vehicles , urge mankind to assimilate with an AI system that removes your autonomy and so on

it's all a disgusting joke

we could have had hemp as the mainstay of our fuel and engineering projects for at least a century

but no

hemp bad oil good

and I know I sound like a hippy when I mention the potential of hemp but I'm not I'm a realist and Hemp products should and cold be readily available to everyone in the form of fuel , clothing and even food

the Hemp hearts are one of the best nutritional superfoods out there and its all completely natural , Hemp Hearts are better than any chemical multi vitamin supplement out there

not one part of that plant has to go to waste when it's harvested , not one bit

they even think its one of the best electrical conductors we have , removing the need for so many metal conductors in our electrical systems

any word from the extinction rebellion crowd on the potential for Hemp to change the world or do they just want us all to die instead ?

You are correct about hemp. A marvellous plant indeed. It would be logical to work with Hemp to create the resources you cited, but of course the ER bunch are highly illogical. This is a fact, otherwise they would be promoting logical, sensible and practical steps to create sustainable energy, products and services. But they are not doing this; instead they are parading around harassing commuters, throwing red paint, wailing in absurd costumes and glueing themselves to the pavements. 

The short answer to your last question is: yes. They want us to die. 

Why, I am at a loss to explain when there are plenty of eco solutions to be explored. There is knowledge and technology to create a decent future for all. People need not die en masse. 

I read an article a few months ago on  bacteria research some scientists are working on which will eat the plastic in the oceans:

This isn't the exact paper I came across ( I actually got to a science site) but this is about the same scientists:

Scientists recently discovered a type of plastic-eating bacteria that slowly munches away on plastic waste in the ocean (1). Now, scientists from the Technical University of Crete have shed some light on how efficient these microbes are at breaking down plastics. The new study is slated for publication in the August 2019  of the Journal of Hazardous Materials (2).

As a result of the human addiction to plastic products, plastic waste has become widespread and can be found in the deepest depths of the ocean and on remote mountaintops. Just last week, a diver discovered a plastic bag at the bottom of the ocean’s Mariana Trench, which is 10,927 meters below sea level and regarded as the deepest place on Earth. Moreover, the great Pacific garbage patch is perhaps the foremost example of man-made environmental destruction.

Growing awareness of the massive scale of the plastic pollution problem — over 300 million tonnes of plastic are produced annually — has led the search for novel ways to clean up both ocean and land environments – from “bioplastics” to ocean trash collectors, and now, perhaps even plastic-eating bacteria.

Most synthetic plastics are not biodegradable and remain in the environment for many many years. however, according to the authors, “a wide range of organisms can settle on the weathered surface” of plastic debris, which they use “as a substrate and as a carbon source”. And these strains of bacteria could potentially speed up the plastic degradation process.

To study the efficiency of the bacterial biodegradation process, the researchers collected samples of naturally weathered polyethylene and polystyrene debris from two beaches in Greece and exposed them to different types of bacteria. Polyethelene is widely used to make plastic carrier bags while polystyrene is commonly found in food packaging and electronics.

After five months, the researchers weighed each sample and discovered the weight reduced by between 7–11 per cent. But whereas bioengineered strains were more ”efficient in adhering to the weathered pieces and developing a biofilm community”, they didn’t speed up the degradation process as much as bacterial communities indigenous to the marine environment.

Essentially, the bacteria secrete enzymes that speed up the chemical reactions required to break down the tough polymer chains that plastics are made of – the long repeating chains are what make plastics so durable. Therefore, bacteria affect plastics at a molecular level leading to changes in the surface chemistry.

The best candidates were by far microbes that had been previously exposed to plastic. This is perhaps unsurprising since previous reports also suggested bacteria may be evolving to eat plastics by secreting new enzymes (3).

The authors write, “tailored marine consortia have the ability to thrive in the presence of mixtures of plastics and participate in their degradation”. In other words, bioengineered strains of bacteria can survive on plastic debris and could potentially be used to speed up the biodegradation process.

Although bacterial biodegradation strategies may not be a complete solution, small efforts can contribute to solving the much larger plastic problem. Furthermore, plastic-munching bacteria could become a viable environmentally-friendly recycling strategy in the future or at least part of a larger effort to repair some of the destruction that man-made waste has caused.

(1) Yoshida, S. et al. A bacterium that degrades and assimilates poly(ethylene terephthalate). Science (2016). DOI: 10.1126/science.aad6359

(2) Syranidou, E. et al. Biodegradation of mixture of plastic films by tailored marine consortia. Journal of Hazardous Materials (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.04.078

(3) Solé, R. et al. The paradox of constant oceanic plastic debris: evidence for evolved microbial biodegradation? bioRxiv (2017). DOI: 10.1101/135582

https://www.europeanscientist.com/en/environment/can-plastic-eating-bacteria-help-solve-the-plastic-pollution-problem/

Now this is promising. Science is more than capable of solving any environmental problems that we will face in the future. Just look at how much more is known that what was known 100 years ago. What more is waiting to be discovered?

A true genuine "eco warrior" would be working in fields/careers like environmental science, organic gardening, recycling, reclaiming second hand furniture or clothing, wildlife conservation, not running amok in cities and causing chaos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remarked in an earlier post that my opinion of ER ( amongst other things) is that they a money making racket. They are raking it in! But now a Tory MP has reported them to HMRC lol. I hope they are taxed to the max. 

"It is our aim to be free from hierarchy," is one of their mottos. Well everyone else of working age has to pay taxes - pay up!

How Extinction Rebellion climate change zealots - including a baronet's Cambridge-educated granddaughter - are paid £400 a week to bring mayhem to our streets

• Extinction Rebellion activists are being paid up to £400-a-week to lead protests
  • Activists have been paid more than £200,000 since the start of the scheme  
  • The eco-protest group privately fears it could face six-figure tax bill from HMRC 
  • Tory MP calls on HMRC to launch an investigation into the group's tax affairs 

Protesters have received payments totalling more than £70,000 in four months alone.

But the eco-protest group privately fears it could face a six-figure tax bill if the money, which is given as expenses, is deemed to be payment for work done on XR's behalf.

Most of the thousands of activists who brought chaos to London last week were unpaid volunteers, but a select number are claiming the funds which enable them to dedicate their efforts to the protest group, also known as XR.

This newspaper has seen claims for expenses from 168 activists, including Tamsin Omond, a baronet's granddaughter who has appeared in Tatler and rubbed shoulders with Boris Johnson – and who asked for money after ditching some public relations clients to concentrate on protests.

A dossier of files from within XR reveals the inner workings of the protest movement and its finances. 

They show how:

• Activists have been paid more than £200,000 since the start of the scheme;
  • The cost of the payments is increasing by 'at least £40,000 a month';
  • Activists are targeting 'high net worth individuals' for more funds;
  • They spent £5,000 on a camping tour of Europe for key members.
  • The revelations come as the number of activists arrested in the current XR protests approaches 1,300.

A document entitled Finance Policy And Processes seen by this newspaper in a 'work in progress' version states: 'The maximum claim for volunteer living expenses is £400 a week (or £200 for someone volunteering part-time). No more should be claimed than a volunteer needs to cover basic living expenses.'

The document states that claims 'may cover a maximum period of four weeks', but adds: 'Further applications may be made to cover additional periods of time.'

Tamsin Omond claimed a total of £1,340 for November and December last year. Educated at Westminster School and Trinity College, Cambridge, the granddaughter of Dorset baronet Sir Thomas Lees is an actor who also works in public relations, and chooses to use gender-neutral pronouns, including Mx in place of Ms or Mr.

Mx Omond's expenses claim was based on being out of pocket after giving up some clients to spend more time campaigning.

Mx Omond offered to give up commercial work altogether to focus more on XR, but asked for at least £800 a month to cover housing, food and transport in that case.

Film-maker Joel Scott-Halkes has received up to £800 a month after deciding to give up working to become a full-time activist.

Gail Bradbrook, the self-proclaimed 'neo-pagan' who was inspired to create the eco-protest group after taking psychedelic drugs, requested payments of £600 a month this year. And XR co-founder Roger Hallam asked for £300 a week.

But XR's documents raise concerns about the fact that it has paid no tax or National Insurance on these sums, and questioned the employment status of activists. 

A document dated August 13, 2019 addresses the fear that HMRC is likely to 'crawl all over us' and that in 'the worst case scenario' the sum payable, including fines, is 'probably in the range £150,000 to £200,000'. Plans have been drawn up to remind volunteers that they are responsible for their own tax affairs.

It is not yet clear whether XR have contacted HMRC to admit their concerns or whether the taxman has moved to recover any tax that may be due from XR.

Last night, Tory MP David Davies called for an immediate investigation, saying: 'It is utterly outrageous if Extinction Rebellion is not paying its fair share of tax.

'These self-appointed, holier- than-thou guardians of the planet may think they are somehow above the law but they are not. What's needed now is a root-and-branch investigation of how this organisation operates, starting with an immediate inquiry into its tax affairs. I shall be writing to HMRC tomorrow to demand nothing less.'

Compassionate Revolution, the registered company used for XR activity, has £371,000 in the bank. 

Crowdfunding for the 'October Rebellion' currently stands at £859,534 and XR's fundraising efforts have brought in more than £2.5 million in the past year.

Major donors include rock band Radiohead, which gave £250,000, and City billionaire Sir Christopher Hohn, who gave £50,000. 

Oil mogul John Paul Getty's granddaughter part-funded a donation of £330,000 though the Climate Emergency Fund. 

A designated group of activists has been set up to target further 'major donors and high net worth individuals'.

With a growing pot of funds, XR has financed new projects, including £5,000 for a group to tour Europe 'camping and connecting to nature and with each other'. They are also considering spending £3 million on a restructure.

XR said last night: 'We have sought professional advice on financial support and expenses to volunteers. That advice is that in most cases no tax is payable and, where it is, those of us who receive financial support or expenses will be advised to declare income in our tax returns.

'From the advice we received it doesn't look like we'll have a liability to HMRC. It is our aim to be free from hierarchy.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7566515/Extinction-Rebellion-files-reveal-climate-zealots-paid-400-week.html