Sign in to follow this  
ink

Off Topic Stuff

Just now, kj35 said:

The battery is charged like you charge a phone on a flat mat wireless charger. For me it is daily. The people doing this have good intentions.  Musk however is advocating these Neuro implants on brain injured patients etc. The eye tech etc is what I believe he thinks everyone should have.

I consider myself very lucky. But as we know. Where does it stop. It's a paradox for me without the implant I would not have been around long enough to wake up. Waking up would I still have the implant? I don't know. I keep charging it so I think the answer is yes. It's the tiptoe. Trial and use the tech on those who really need it. Then deploy everywhere 

As long as you have a reasonable quality of life. Like anything... it can be used for good and bad.

It may be good for blind people who wants to see, however, there will always be people who will use it for nefarious purpose. That's life.

As long as it is on an individual choice basis and not forced upon people....like mandatory xyz.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, chocomel said:

As long as you have a reasonable quality of life. Like anything... it can be used for good and bad.

It may be good for blind people who wants to see, however, there will always be people who will use it for nefarious purpose. That's life.

As long as it is on an individual choice basis and not forced upon people....like mandatory xyz.

Tricky isnt it? I have mentioned it before pre hack. I put the info in the research assistance threads. I've not been secretly hiding a skynet liaison or anything :classic_ninja:

Edited by kj35

2 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Tricky isnt it? I have mentioned it before pre hack. I put the info in the research assistance threads. I've not been secretly hiding a skynet liaison or anything :classic_ninja:

Interesting. I'm gonna watch the vid you posted.

7 minutes ago, chocomel said:

It's too personal to me for me to make a balanced judgement.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, chocomel said:

Interesting. I'm gonna watch the vid you posted.

I don't know whether he goes into eye tech. He talks an awful lot of topics and the implantable brain stuff is in there. I have a friend who is locked in pretty much. So that's where I know about some of this stuff. Apart from.  You know ...BEING  an actual cyborg  :-)

Edited by kj35

24 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Nhs :-) surgically implanted. And I'm not knocking the team that did it. It is amazing technology.  Utterly fantastic. Wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for it. Couldn't carry on like that.

It sounds good, and I've not come across it before.

I've been given a TENS, which does work, but I'm allergic to the sticky pads, so I don't use it, and bad side effects to pain killers so don't use them either. So I have an old person's rollator and when the pain builds up after a few minutes, I lock the breaks and sit on it.  😊

Just now, Tinfoil Hat said:

I've been given a TENS, which does work, but I'm allergic to the sticky pads, so I don't use it, and bad side effects to pain killers so don't use them either. So I have an old person's rollator and when the pain builds up after a few minutes, I lock the breaks and sit on it.  😊

I don't know if you can still edit out the brand name? From earlier x if not we can wait for screaming 

Posted (edited)

It's the name of the gadget, not a brand name - there are lots of brands of these. It stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.

Or did you mean rollator - same thing, there are lots of different brands of rollator .

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

It's the name of the gadget, not a brand name - there are lots of brands of these. It stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.

Ah it's Chocomels quote x sorry

Edited by kj35

11 minutes ago, kj35 said:

I don't know whether he goes into eye tech. He talks an awful lot of topics and the implantable brain stuff is in there. I have a friend who is locked in pretty much. So that's where I know about some of this stuff. Apart from.  You know ...BEING  an actual cyborg  :-)

Do you think he is locked in but conscious inside?

I take it he hasn't been able to sign the organ donation opt out form? Silly question but it's a serious matter if he is alive and can't communicate his choice.

Miracle can occur you know.

Just now, chocomel said:

Do you think he is locked in but conscious inside?

I take it he hasn't been able to sign the organ donation opt out form? Silly question but it's a serious matter if he is alive and can't communicate his choice.

Miracle can occur you know.

He's conscious alright. And a right belligerent bugger.  

10 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Ah it's Chocomels quote x sorry

Have just deleted it. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kj35 said:

He's conscious alright. And a right belligerent bugger.  

LOL He sounds like a fighter.

You should do a divination to see what would help him to recover....aside from going all conventional.

My instinct shows me that you two are talking so prospect is looking good.

Give him lots of stimulation that he likes when you visit him. I get the feeling that he was an active person before and he gets very bored.

Stimulation means more nerve activity and it can only help build up neropathways.

Edited by chocomel
  • Like 1

Random off topic post;
When I was dead (short story) by Vincent O'Sullivan (a very good friend of Oscar Wilde) read aloud..

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 3:12 PM, Tinfoil Hat said:

you may need a good pain clinic. but obviously be aware (beware) of what they do. Functional rehab exercises are very good. I think I still have my stuff from the spine injury unit. If you want it just shout. straight forward stretching and strengthening exercises which were more effective than most things.

Edited by kj35

2 minutes ago, kj35 said:

you may need a good pain clinic. but obviously be aware (beware) of what they do. Functional rehab exercises are very good. I think I still have my stuff from the spine injury unit. If you want it just shout. straight forward stretching and strengthening exercises which were more effective than most things.

I go to the pain clinic - I couldn't tell you the frequency, it's just when they send me a letter telling me to book an appointment. They are completely hopeless to be honest.

They have given me steroid injections in my spine a couple of times that are great, but the benefits only last around 2 or 3 months. They said I could have that done every 6 months, but after 2 of those treatments, there were cut-backs, so now I can't have any more until I'm 'older'. They did try burning some of the nerves out of my spine, but that was very painful, and didn't have any benefit at all. They couldn't get to some of the nerves because of nodules of bone being in the way.

I gave up going for pysio, because it was pathetic.

I've had the best results from buying a (bloody expensive) pilates exercise chair just on the off-chance that it would help. I would recommend one to anyone who has spinal arthritis. 

My heart aches for David Icke every time I see his poor hands.  

I like what you're wearing today by the  way. :classic_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I like what you're wearing today by the  way. :classic_biggrin:

Yes, it suits me I think :-)

Yes. Those hands and he spends his life writing and researching.  It must be so painful. People taking the piss have no idea how much he's sacrificed for them. Not that he sees it like I suppose. 

Pilates chair..Will look that up sounds like it does what the exercises do. 

They wanted to do that burning on my neck. But I'd just come off the opiates and it sounded like the pain would send me back on them and nothing is worth that x 

I'll find a picture of the chair thingy & message it to you (as it's advertising).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I'll find a picture of the chair thingy & message it to you (as it's advertising).

Is advertising not allowed? I just wanted the brand name removed earlier as thought if people came discussing transhumanism (which is understandable) it wasn't fair to single that company out. Again probs over thinking it 

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is the trek to the new human the only way they think we can offset the alien threat?

Which is worse?

Is there another way?

Edited by kj35

Posted (edited)

@kj35

How do they certified people as dead when a person with a pacemaker keep on beating its heart? Anybody thought of this before? :classic_ohmy:

I tell you my teacher is funny. lol

Edited by chocomel

Posted (edited)

Life on Mars. Is it just me or did I miss that NASA had confirmed this 2 years ago ? I remember about 40 years ago them saying they'd found microbes then hushing it up quickly but this one snuck under my radar. (Dont want to start a new thread as just more for new webmaster to tidy up.)

Edited by kj35