Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Seeker

Advice for going on holidays from the UK please

Recommended Posts

Hi I thought this might be worth having it’s own thread as this will affect a fair few people, I like in the uk and have a holiday booked for October. I booked before the outbreak and I have 2 options really, cancel and lose £100 or see if I can go in October. If the holiday can’t go ahead because of covid then I do get a full refund. I am worried that the holiday will be able to go ahead but there will be some bs contact tracing, vaccine or some other bollocks that I refuse to take part in, meaning I’d lose out on the full cost of the holiday, any suggestions please? 

 

I am also looking at leaving the uk permanently at some point, I don’t know if new regulations would affect that, ie you have to have a vaccine to travel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I am also looking at leaving the uk permanently at some point, I don’t know if new regulations would affect that, ie you have to have a vaccine to travel 

 

Whether it's to the EU mainland or further afield choose carefully.

 

There may be no coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, serpentine said:

 

Whether it's to the EU mainland or further afield choose carefully.

 

There may be no coming back.

It’s to Greece, I’m tempted to cancel but I don’t want to miss out on the experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to Spain in July. I'll report back on the bs encountered unless someone posts earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too, would love to hear some boots on the ground reporting on this. As I have a holiday booked for August. 

 

I'm worried the COVID test swabs are laced with something. so that's just a complete no-go for me if it's tacked onto the already draconian measures operating at airports (obviously off the back of the last biggest false flag 9-11). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legit wouldnt bother with a holiday abroad this year. Imagine how long it will take at the airports was bad enough before all of this. You would be at the airport for hours on end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We thought after 9/11 was bad enough so what is this going be like ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Seeker said:

Hi I thought this might be worth having it’s own thread as this will affect a fair few people, I like in the uk and have a holiday booked for October. I booked before the outbreak and I have 2 options really, cancel and lose £100 or see if I can go in October. If the holiday can’t go ahead because of covid then I do get a full refund. I am worried that the holiday will be able to go ahead but there will be some bs contact tracing, vaccine or some other bollocks that I refuse to take part in, meaning I’d lose out on the full cost of the holiday, any suggestions please? 

 

I am also looking at leaving the uk permanently at some point, I don’t know if new regulations would affect that, ie you have to have a vaccine to travel 

 

There is an idea floating around that passengers will be tested with a Covid 19 test at airports before they travel.  These novel tests only take

one hour or less to get the results, but how tustworthy are they? So you turn up at Gatwick, have a test done, told you're positive and sent home to self isolate

for two weeks and no money back from your insurance company?

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8128327/Test-test-Covid-kits-10-minute-finger-prick-tests-mask-diagnose-instantly.html

 

 

 

Edited by Golden Retriever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can only share expirience from my country

we had all kind of BS covid meassures

(which were anounced through media)

 

but in reality it was never intense or serious as the media reported /told......

 

i can only guess about Greece so i'll stop here

 

FYI if i had a chance i wouldn't miss it...

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×