Sign in to follow this  
peter

Post your rig (musical instruments and gear)

Posted (edited)

Just interested to know what musical instruments people own

1 I have a cheep ,copy haze  strat  guitar that I bought on e bay,what a heap of shit

2 LAG  cut away acoustic guitar my eldest son gave me,

3 a DIAON acoustic guitar  made in Japan  I have owned for at least 35 years

4 1977 Gibson Lest Paul custom purchased from the Gibson factory . A mate I used to work with flew to the US and went to the Gibson and Fender factory ,he grabed the Les Paul for me and a Strat for himself

5 Marshall 50W 8080 amp

6 Black Star studio AMP

7 a uke, 2 violins ,1 dobro, 2 german Zithers and a  drum kit

The violins and the drum kit have been recently sold

Edited by peter

I own one of these, I've no idea what it is or how to play it, I bought it at a boot sale for decoration to hang on the wall.

1351972135_aninstrument.PNG.8ca16bf07c8b59f16d766dccbd335175.PNG

I also own a classical guitar which I play quite regular, It is a Hofner and it has a deep beautiful tone.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, alexa said:

I own one of these, I've no idea what it is or how to play it, I bought it at a boot sale for decoration to hang on the wall.

1351972135_aninstrument.PNG.8ca16bf07c8b59f16d766dccbd335175.PNG

I also own a classical guitar which I play quite regular, It is a Hofner and it has a deep beautiful tone.

excellent McCartney's base was a Hofner ,great instruments. the picture looks like some sort of medieval Lute, I' m probably wrong though because the tuning pegs and head stock look more Japanese, lutes generally had more strings and a head stock turned back at an acute angle

I sat for 1st and 2nd year classical guitar exams at the Sydney Con back in the day , the guitar I had back then was a K Yarai ( I think that's how you spell it) hand made Japanese job, very nice too

Edited by peter

A Taylor baby acoustic.

Fender mustang bass (played bass in my last band)

Casio keyboard.

Ancient bm nylon classical

Alto sax which I don't  play so much as it's LOUD..

Yamaha Pacifica electric.

Amps and pennywhistles and things lol

Alexa is that a chinese pipa?

33 minutes ago, peter said:

I' m probably wrong though because the tuning pegs and head stock look more Japanese

I thought it looked Japanese, this is why I bought it to go with my Japanese theme in the house.

but as shadowmoon just pointed out it is a Chinese pipa. Thanks Shadowmoon:classic_smile:

3 hours ago, peter said:

4 1977 Gibson Lest Paul custom purchased from the Gibson factory . A mate I used to work with flew to the US and went to the Gibson and Fender factory ,he grabed the Les Paul for me and a Strat for himself

You certainly own some good Musical equipment Peter, your lucky to own a Gibson, it's one of the best makes on the market and straight from the factory too :classic_cool:

One Yamaha gc-101 (I think?) classical guitar

One Carvin Bolt that I built myself from a kit, and it is sweet

One Alesis Micron synthesizer

One Nektar midi keyboard

Two cats that sing on command, they're sweet also