tatumsid

Rockets cannot propel in space.

Posted (edited)

Rockets require external resistance, like an atmosphere to push off of. The rocket does not give its exhaust momentum, the momentum is given by pressure gradient force. Just like when you drop an object from a height, your hand doesn't give the object momentum, gravity does. if the object falls fast enough and meets resistance, like the floor, it might bounce back and hit you. 

"Conservation of momentum is a fundamental law of physics which states that the momentum of a system is constant if there are no external forces acting on the system. It is embodied in Newton's first law (the law of inertia)." 

external force is pressure gradient force, not the rocket 

There is no scientific explanation of rocket being able to thrust in a vacuum . Only edited and fake videos. Watch in full before commenting something that is already answered.

Edited by tatumsid
  • Like 1

I think the recent discovery of negative mass(when pushed it moves in the opposite direction-towards you) proves there is more to imparting a force than we figured.

I have often wondered how a rocket could propel something. 

And then there are birds that float on thermals. Where are these thermals? And how could they possibly levitate a bird?

You've been told how wrong you are on every forum that you've made this exact same post. Posting it here as well still won't make it right.

• Thanks 1

@ tatumsid

Interesting ideas. Given your theory, could you explain how satellites get launched and orbit the Earth. Or maybe satellites don't exist...?

Janet

No one here can refute anything in the video using science and math. The only evidence of space rockets is the hearsay of satellites and supposed space missions. Not actual evidence of rocket in space or the ability to work in the alleged vacuum of space

• Like 2

You know you can actually bounce a laser off the mirrors that were placed on the moon yourself.  People do it all the time.  How did they get there. Were all the spacecraft sent out to take pictures of our planets and their moons all fake?  Was all the footage from the Mars rovers fake also?  Man, that is one gigantic conspiracy you're working on.

Again you can’t prove rockets in space. Only hearsay. Have you personally reflected a laser on a mirror in the moon? Can the laser even make it to the moon without scattering?

On 5/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, Janet W said:

@ tatumsid

Interesting ideas. Given your theory, could you explain how satellites get launched and orbit the Earth. Or maybe satellites don't exist...?

Janet

Balloons. Nasa uses more helium than any other entity.

27 minutes ago, disguise the limit said:

Balloons. Nasa uses more helium than any other entity.

Do you have any evidence for that assertion? Where are they getting it all from? Why don't the use hydrogen - much cheaper.

How does a balloon get an Astra or Hotbird satellite into geostationary orbit?

Janet

Janet, I don't believe in space outside of the firmament anymore. I used to be Nasa's biggest cheerleader but now rather than accept despondency, I've come to terms with the space agency spreading their hoax to anyone who will believe them.  So I'm offering another pathway of thought.

I hope you have a nice day today.

48 minutes ago, disguise the limit said:

Janet, I don't believe in space outside of the firmament anymore. I used to be Nasa's biggest cheerleader but now rather than accept despondency, I've come to terms with the space agency spreading their hoax to anyone who will believe them.  So I'm offering another pathway of thought.

I hope you have a nice day today.

If there is no space outside the firmament, what is the moon? How do satellites work? (They do work - have a look at this massive database: It's used by engineers and the public all over the world. It is also updated by amateur satellite tracking enthusiasts.: https://www.lyngsat.com/)

Maybe you're not familiar with the types of international telecommunications which doesn't use fibre-optic cables.

Satellites are not just used by professionals. Various amateur communication uses them too. That includes designing their operational parameters, involved in launching them, configuring their down-link footprints where appropriate, analysing their telemetry and using them for analogue and digital communications.

Janet

As I understand, 99% of communications is by underwater cables. Which tend to follow the flight paths of international travel, not necessarily the shortest route between two points.

Eight or so years ago on the old forum, someone had a thread about all space missions being faked. I could not accept that. I certainly wasn't ready to accept that. I was certain that men could go to low earth orbit, (but they never went to the moon proper).

There are many questions regarding our satellite, the moon. Maybe it is IN the firmament as the genesis story tells. All I can report on is what I can physically see myself, and what my con-science tells me is right.  Thank you for the kind reply.

I have two really good telescopes, and I can assure you space is real.  Unless of course you believe that "they" are shooting a fake image of astrophysical bodies up at the top of a universe sized planetarium and that they are doing this all around the globe and that they have been doing this for thousands of years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, thousands of years ago it was written that lights in the sky are located in the firmament, so as crazy as that sounds, the earth sized planetarium makes sense to me.

Think about it. We're spinning, rotating the sun, the sun is moving itself millions of miles an hour, the whole shebang resets itself on Jan 1, and the north star never moves? We keep flying through the same comet trails two or three times a year, even though that part of space is way far away supposedly?

I don't know. But I can admit that I don't know. Can you?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think the op's post is thought inspiring ,,

So ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I was avin' a cuppa coffee from my good old thermos ,, like you do ,,

71799_1v_zpsqvy6pizs.jpg

And it got me thinkin about the Newton Laws and entropy etc,,,,,,

And ,, remembered that heat cannot travel through a vacuum  ,, 👀 ,,

So ,,, all the heat generated on Earth ,, stays on Earth ,, so ,,,,,,,,, what about Global Warming (Climate Change) ,, No heat can ever escape the planet ,, due to the vacuum of space ,, So ,, the Sun adds some heat which gets transmuted into DNA re engineered molecules (photosynthesis) ,, so light turns into life ,,!

And re the op's questioning propulsion in zero atmosphere zero gravity conditions ,, I can see why this could challenge the known laws of physics.,,

Edited by jupiter12

8 hours ago, jupiter12 said:

So ,,, all the heat generated on Earth ,, stays on Earth ,, so ,,,,,,,,, what about Global Warming (Climate Change) ,, No heat can ever escape the planet ,, due to the vacuum of space ,,

Of course 'heat' can move through a vacuum (and so can rockets) ....

Your vacuum flask only reduces heat transfer   having a vacuum prevents heat transfer by conduction , but not by radiation ... your coffee will still get cold after a few days !!

And the Earth looses heat by radiation .... on a cloudless night temperature drops rapidly because heat is lost by radiation to the black cold of space.

10 hours ago, disguise the limit said:

We can all know ... but it requires thinking ... asking questions ... seeing if the existing theory stands up to examination !

11 hours ago, jupiter12 said:

I think the op's post is thought inspiring ,,

So ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I was avin' a cuppa coffee from my good old thermos ,, like you do ,,

71799_1v_zpsqvy6pizs.jpg

And it got me thinkin about the Newton Laws and entropy etc,,,,,,

So ,,, all the heat generated on Earth ,, stays on Earth ,, so ,,,,,,,,, what about Global Warming (Climate Change) ,, No heat can ever escape the planet ,, due to the vacuum of space ,, So ,, the Sun adds some heat which gets transmuted into DNA re engineered molecules (photosynthesis) ,, so light turns into life ,,!

And re the op's questioning propulsion in zero atmosphere zero gravity conditions ,, I can see why this could challenge the known laws of physics.,,

Except heat does travel through a vacuum in the form of radiation.

Where else do you think Earth gets its warmth from?!

14 hours ago, disguise the limit said:

Well, thousands of years ago it was written that lights in the sky are located in the firmament, so as crazy as that sounds, the earth sized planetarium makes sense to me.

Think about it. We're spinning, rotating the sun, the sun is moving itself millions of miles an hour, the whole shebang resets itself on Jan 1, and the north star never moves? We keep flying through the same comet trails two or three times a year, even though that part of space is way far away supposedly?

Perhaps a little more understanding of basis astronomy might help. If you really want to know more (are not just remain an arm-chair critic) why not look up some local amateur astronomy societies and see what they have to say. Look through their telescopes, ask them probing questions.

BTW, https://heavens-above.com will show you all the naked-eye satellites visible in your location at any given time on a clear night. And lots of other astronomical sights to behold too.

Janet

So the only evidence or rockets working in space is not science, math or simple experiment. It is the notion that people have went to space. This is the only evidence that can be presented. Anyone who says they track satellites is equivalent to a crisis actor to keep the lie going. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, oz93666 said:

Of course 'heat' can move through a vacuum (and so can rockets) ....

Your vacuum flask only reduces heat transfer   having a vacuum prevents heat transfer by conduction , but not by radiation ... your coffee will still get cold after a few days !!

And the Earth looses heat by radiation .... on a cloudless night temperature drops rapidly because heat is lost by radiation to the black cold of space.

untitledaakkiimm_zpshzzbrhna.png

Stupid me ,, If only I could be as clever as you oz ,,!

If heat travels though a vacuum ,, why aren't we all freezing? Must be one big Cosmic juggling act ,, heat in = heat out ,, Until Now ,, 👀 Yep ,, the Carbon Factor ,, created by humans ,, ha! (allegedly) ,, without factoring in Solar or Planetary changes. 

Scooter-Rocket-Flying-in-Space--89961vvv

Edited by jupiter12
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tatumsid said:

So the only evidence or rockets working in space is not science, math or simple experiment. It is the notion that people have went to space. This is the only evidence that can be presented. Anyone who says they track satellites is equivalent to a crisis actor to keep the lie going. 

Doubts about the veracity of others experiences goes beyond just space exploration.

It is in the very structure of existence and well accords with the "what we are is a point of attention within an infinite state of awareness" statement by David.

Sharing a precise point of attention is possible but rare in waking consciousness so the only way forward to confirm a doubt about rocketry in space  is to volunteer oneself as ballast for the next Elon Musk launch.

Getting to sit in a Tesla would be a real bonus! 🤩

3 minutes ago, serpentine said:

Doubts about the veracity of others experiences goes beyond just space exploration.

It is in the very structure of existence and well accords with the "what we are is a point of attention within an infinite state of awareness" statement by David.

Sharing a precise point of attention is possible but rare in waking consciousness so the only way forward to confirm a doubt about rocketry in space  is to volunteer oneself as ballast for the next Elon Musk launch.

Getting to sit in a Tesla would be a real bonus! 🤩

How do you know that?

Isn't space supposed to be a 'pefect vacuum' negating the gradual radiation vacuum flask vs space theory oz put forward.

How would apollo life support system sublimation work else.