tatumsid

Rockets cannot propel in space.

56 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

That's incorrect. He deforms the container, blows air into it which puts it back to its original shape but there is no pressurisation as the air he blows in immediately comes straight back out. He is literally blowing the bottle with the air hose on the first and third examples yet on the second he removes the air hose and thus the bottle doesn't move.

If you directly compare this "experiment" to rockets then where on Earth do you get pressurised air blowing INTO the rocket? The pressure produced by thrust occurs in the combustion chamber and exits OUT of the chamber at high speeds, which causes the thrust.

Surely you can't be that stupid not to realise this?

You're video "proof" shows nothing and is not comparable to how rockets work, therefore it is dismissed.

The existence of artificial satellites in space, plus the launch of various interplanetary probes confirms that rockets do, in fact, work in space. Unless you're going to argue against that now?

So he knew exactly in each attempt, within margin of seconds, when to let go of the pressure nozzle. Yea ok. Where is your demonstration of an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force?

1 hour ago, tatumsid said:

So he knew exactly in each attempt, within margin of seconds, when to let go of the pressure nozzle. Yea ok. Where is your demonstration of an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force?

Yep. He knew exactly when to let go of the nozzle, which isn't difficult to do at all.

He setup this video to make stupid people feel like they are more intelligent than world-class physicists.

I am not debating this any more with you because you've been proven wrong by me and others on several occasions and all you keep bleating on about is "pressure force gradient" and you don't even understand what that actually means.

You should be banned for being an imbecile, both here and in real life.

41 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

Yep. He knew exactly when to let go of the nozzle, which isn't difficult to do at all.

He setup this video to make stupid people feel like they are more intelligent than world-class physicists.

I am not debating this any more with you because you've been proven wrong by me and others on several occasions and all you keep bleating on about is "pressure force gradient" and you don't even understand what that actually means.

You should be banned for being an imbecile, both here and in real life.

You can hear when he stop the nozzle. He did it multiple times and he had the nozzle on just as long if not longer than the other demonstrations. You’re grasping at straws.

where’s your demonstration? 

Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which a person mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is.

Highly applicable here I suspect.

• Like 1

Guest beware cats
1 minute ago, Janet W said:

Highly applicable here I suspect.

It’s interesting from a behavioural science standpoint.

Either the OP is a troll trying to get this forum trashed (DI take note).

Or is exceptionally thick.

Either way his background is one of loneliness and sadness due to societal rejection.

16 minutes ago, beware cats said:

It’s interesting from a behavioural science standpoint.

Either the OP is a troll trying to get this forum trashed (DI take note).

Or is exceptionally thick.

Either way his background is one of loneliness and sadness due to societal rejection.

Thick, but literate.

The DI forum is a magnet for those only loosely coupled to reality, where they think they can let rip without ridicule. Unfortunately it only brings ridicule to the forum. But as someone has already pointed out to me, a forum named after a person who thinks the world is run by shape-shifting alien lizards is unlikely to sift out the lunatic fringe...

Edited by Janet W
clarity

7 hours ago, tatumsid said:

You can hear when he stop the nozzle. He did it multiple times and he had the nozzle on just as long if not longer than the other demonstrations. You’re grasping at straws.

You can clearly see how he manipulates the experiment. If you cannot then you're more of an idiot than I thought.

The "experiment" is also far from scientific as there are no controls in place, such as fixing the air hose direction, air pressure and length of air blast, nor is the bottle fixed to a position.

He also doesn't measure ambient pressures and other basic measurements which would ensure a fair comparison.

It is pseudoscience at its worst, designed by a person like you who lacks fundamental and basic knowledge of physics.

7 hours ago, tatumsid said:

where’s your demonstration? 

I don't need to demonstrate that rockets work in space because the proof already exists, such as rockets travelling in space, the countless satellites in space, along with the fact that the principles behind thrust are well established laws of physics (Newton's Third Law of Motion).

5 hours ago, PeakGammon said:

You can clearly see how he manipulates the experiment. If you cannot then you're more of an idiot than I thought.

The "experiment" is also far from scientific as there are no controls in place, such as fixing the air hose direction, air pressure and length of air blast, nor is the bottle fixed to a position.

He also doesn't measure ambient pressures and other basic measurements which would ensure a fair comparison.

It is pseudoscience at its worst, designed by a person like you who lacks fundamental and basic knowledge of physics.

I don't need to demonstrate that rockets work in space because the proof already exists, such as rockets travelling in space, the countless satellites in space, along with the fact that the principles behind thrust are well established laws of physics (Newton's Third Law of Motion).

So many demonstrations of how rockets don’t work in space and zero demonstrations of rockets working in space.

2 hours ago, tatumsid said:

So many demonstrations of how rockets don’t work in space and zero demonstrations of rockets working in space.

If that is the case then provide a video of a rocket in space failing to work.

Bottles on wheels blown by air do not demonstrate the principles of thrust.

3 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

lets hire out a great big vacuum chamber and i'll bring along a catherine wheel and some matches

Nice idea....lack of oxygen might mess the ignition of the firework.

Guest beware cats
25 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

im sure a small electric charge could set it off

A match would spark in a vacuum but would not burn due to lack of oxygen so as long as you get the wheel ignited it would work.     But even if you get the wheel working it would not convince the OP, ever.