Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Golden Retriever

The propaganda of World War Two

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Eldnah said:

The man was a deluded fool.   

 

he was an out and out psychopath handed the means by which he could then do what psychopaths want to do which is ruin peoples lives

Edited by muir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, muir said:

Bombing wasn't always carried out to physically genocide the population of the target country. Often the bombing was aimed at destroying their cultural heritage and therefore their sense of self and their link to the past

 

I don't think this was the case in London during the Blitz. Perhaps in other cities.

 

St Paul's Cathedral survived as did Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, 10 Downing Street, Buckingham Palace;  Nelson’s Column, Westminster Abbey, and Piccadilly Circus, to name the most famous landmarks.

 

Last but not least! " During the Blitz, the Bank of England was luckily never hit by a bomb."   What jolly good luck eh!

 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/about/history

Edited by Golden Retriever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, muir said:

 Prior to this the RAF had attempted to make precision attacks, aiming at individual factories, power stations, even post offices, in multiple strikes across the country; this had been costly and ineffective.

 

That reflects the point I raised about accuracy and the inevitability to hit something you had to hit everything

 

Germans were worse - look at footage German bombs tumble like mad when dropped **- so not only is the plane inaccurate and the bomb in accurate now its chucked around at random and why a certain amount of city bombing was unavoidable even if you only went for factories.

 

Up until 1942 the bomber campaign was an absolute disaster it was very nearly abandoned  - Nav aids - improved bombs and better aircraft changed that  -( I would have liked to have seen it largely abandoned and reduced in scale to military - infrastructure and production - with fewer raids - that would have still needed as many guns to defend each city whether it was bombed every day or once every month )

 

**Stored vertically dropped tail 1st - Its against all logic and probably stems from Bomber designs stemming from (supposed) passenger aircraft

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Eldnah said:

That reflects the point I raised about accuracy and the inevitability to hit something you had to hit everything

 

consider that even after the nazis had been consigned to the dustbins of history the fabian marxists across europe continued their destruction of the cultural heritage of europe

 

vast swathes of historic city centres were flattened this time not by nazi bombs but by bulldosers and replaced with concrete 'brutalist' architecture that had no organic link to the past creating a disconnect

 

Streets of tenements were flattened and people were pushed into tower blocks thereby destroying communties and created alienated people lacking any sense of context or of their own sense of self or place in the world except what they were told by the marxist-tavistock institute programmers of their new TV sets that beamed out government propaganda and corporate advertising every single day right in to their lonely minds

 

grenfell tower was one such example of the vision of the post-war marxist city planners

Edited by muir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

 

I don't think this was the case in London during the Blitz. Perhaps in other cities.

 

St Paul's Cathedral survived as did Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, 10 Downing Street, Buckingham Palace;  Nelson’s Column, Westminster Abbey, and Piccadilly Circus, to name the most famous landmarks.

 

Last but not least! " During the Blitz, the Bank of England was luckily never hit by a bomb."   What jolly good luck eh!

 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/about/history

 

Buck house was hit - everything around St Pauls was destroyed** Its survival just seems to be down to luck - it just wasn't possible to bomb the area and deliberately miss something.

 

Geography may have helped some

 

 

 

** Which if you think about it and how accurate bombers were - it probably was the target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

ast but not least! " During the Blitz, the Bank of England was luckily never hit by a bomb."   What jolly good luck eh!

 

well the bankers were funding it all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eldnah said:

Buck house was hit - everything around St Pauls was destroyed** Its survival just seems to be down to luck - it just wasn't possible to bomb the area and deliberately miss something.

 

putting my conspiratorial cap on for a minute....st pauls was created by the freemason christopher wren as part of a new planned cityscape after an area was conveniently cleared by the fire in the year 1666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, muir said:

 

putting my conspiratorial cap on for a minute....st pauls was created by the freemason christopher wren as part of a new planned cityscape after an area was conveniently cleared by the fire in the year 1666

 

As I say though - in order to be sure you dont hit St Pauls with WW2 bombers - you would have to avoid that whole part of London and even that's not a dead cert - Switzerland was bombed several times in WW2 by accident.

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Eldnah said:

As I say though - in order to be sure you dont hit St Pauls with WW2 bombers - you would have to avoid that whole part of London and even that's not a dead cert - Switzerland was bombed several times in WW2 by accident.

I

 

not all abherent bombing was an accident

 

sometimes crew just wanted to dump their bombs so that they looked like they had completed their mission or could return home faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, Eldnah said:

 

As I say though - in order to be sure you dont hit St Pauls with WW2 bombers - you would have to avoid that whole part of London and even that's not a dead cert - Switzerland was bombed several times in WW2 by accident.

I

Go on then..How do you bomb an entire nation by accident?

The fact it is a German speaking country is purely coincidental?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, ilimmu said:

Go on then..How do you bomb an entire nation by accident?

The fact it is a German speaking country is purely coincidental?!?

 

Poor maps - poor visibility - town near the border

And the fact the UK and US particularly violated Swiss airspace so were flying over these places .

 

The Germans accidently  bombed Dublin -  which is even more difficult than bombing the Swiss in error - Unless you are going to suggest its because they are English speaking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×