Sign in to follow this  
ink

Chat Room

There is no chat room on this forum so....completely random, just chatting :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoy to bake my own bread and have been trying out different methods of kneading the dough and have found that a shorter 'push' seems to create a more responsive action within the mix!

Also I like to try different 'additives' to the mix. So after the knock back I have tried cracking eggs into holes with the dough then covering with dough and once baked this has turned out nice :)

Do any of you make your own bread?

• Like 1

Oh and the smell just love it

Have been using more olive oil in the knock back tin and luv the results :)

I got given a bread maker, its awesome throw in the ingredients and set the timer and you wake up in the morning to fresh baked bread.

• Like 1

i choose not to eat gluten and find big brand gf bread soft and bouncey

i make tough bubbled white material fit for human consumption....just

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, zArk said:

i make tough bubbled white material fit for human consumption....just

I know what you mean. The first bread I ever made was....well it was....er....sort of well....not very nice! But it tasted better than the mass market stuff :)

Lately I have been trying to write a computer program (wont tell ya what for) but it is not my trade (just something i play with) and as it gets more complex....it has been driving me nuts lol

AhgYCYg.jpg

But the funny thing is....the 'problems' .... are that which I enjoy so very much :)

Without the problems there would be no point lol

On 5/26/2019 at 9:12 PM, ink said:

There is no chat room on this forum so....completely random, just chatting :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoy to bake my own bread and have been trying out different methods of kneading the dough and have found that a shorter 'push' seems to create a more responsive action within the mix!

Also I like to try different 'additives' to the mix. So after the knock back I have tried cracking eggs into holes with the dough then covering with dough and once baked this has turned out nice :)

Do any of you make your own bread?

Yes we make our bread, we use Doves white mixed with a little Mariages organic brown, my faviorite is olive bread, it's almost a meal in of itself.

1 hour ago, ink said:

I know what you mean. The first bread I ever made was....well it was....er....sort of well....not very nice! But it tasted better than the mass market stuff :)

Lately I have been trying to write a computer program (wont tell ya what for) but it is not my trade (just something i play with) and as it gets more complex....it has been driving me nuts lol

AhgYCYg.jpg

But the funny thing is....the 'problems' .... are that which I enjoy so very much :)

Without the problems there would be no point lol

Those bugs, especially the spiders can cause havoc!

ventblockers_spiders_02.jpg&f=1

• Haha 1

I prefer the cob and tend to do a double handed  gentle knead whilst thinking of of an old girlfriend by the name of Big Shirley,  somehow all that reminiscing  makes for the perfect bake. 

I prefer a heavy crust that has been washed lightly with egg yolk and an oven bottom that rings true.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, solowrist said:

I prefer the cob and tend to do a double handed  gentle knead whilst thinking of of an old girlfriend by the name of Big Shirley,  somehow all that reminiscing  makes for the perfect bake. 

I prefer a heavy crust that has been washed lightly with egg yolk and an oven bottom that rings true.

I think Shirley's real name was Piella. Lucky escape for you!

loafdeath-02.jpg&f=1

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Haha 2

best appliance i've bought is a breadmaker.

my child has had homemade organic bread for the last year now.

i tried making gluten free but its a bit too oily for my liking.

it's been 2 years now since i dumped the microwave

Edited by bamboozooka

6 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

I think Shirley's real name was Piella. Lucky escape for you!

loafdeath-02.jpg&f=1

I love that movie ,, sexy ,, raunchy ,, scary  ,,,,,,,,,!

38427ccfvvvvv_zpsotdklxhu.jpg

Now I don't eat any other bread apart from Gromit bread ,, 

wallace-gromit-3_1115739cxxx_zpszexrsbvg

Edited by jupiter12
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why do manufacturers always add poppy seeds (opium ,, heroin) to seeded bread?

Drivers that eat poppy seeds are being tested as positive in tests ,, and then sacked ,,

goodgoshddddffff_zpsncdotmum.jpg

Edited by jupiter12

9 hours ago, jupiter12 said:

Why do manufacturers always add poppy seeds (opium ,, heroin) to seeded bread?

Drivers that eat poppy seeds are being tested as positive in tests ,, and then sacked ,,

goodgoshddddffff_zpsncdotmum.jpg

Chuck on a handful of seeds to give the illusion of a  healthy eating option and Mr Warburton  can charge a lot more dough for a product that is basically flour and water. 

From what you have written,  possession of a seeded now seems like one for the MDA books, jup. :classic_smile: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, solowrist said:

Chuck on a handful of seeds to give the illusion of a  healthy eating option and Mr Warburton  can charge a lot more dough for a product that is basically flour and water. 

From what you have written,  possession of a seeded now seems like one for the MDA books, jup. :classic_smile: 

Has anyone ever looked at the seeds to see if they are infact real seeds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

Think it is about 12 years since I chucked the microwave and about 15 for the telly....

Have a old block of a mobile which can only do calls and text but the battery lasts a month....so thats cool :)

Never had a bread maker have always enjoyed or needed the kneading of it....feel like I am putting a part of me into it?? But what do I know lol

Edit: Meant to say that I have a dvd player and have began to watch the series called Deadwood....which is fuk violent lol

Edited by ink

22 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

Has anyone ever looked at the seeds to see if they are infact real seeds.

It's all  the Devil's dandruff if you ask me.

44 minutes ago, solowrist said:

A true diamond in the mine this one, ink.  

OMG....solowrist!!!!

Stop looking through my windows!

That's the episode I just watched last night!

??????? lol

I wouldn't want to play a drinking game for each time someone says.... erm....er.... rooster suction :) I would be so drunk so very quickly lol

and, after watching this series, I think that I may end up with some form of tourette's syndrome .... you know down the shops and at any small thing just blurt it out ( in the manner of the Chinese guy Woo)

:)

SOOOOOOOOO VERY DRUNK LOL....

Edited by ink
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2019 at 9:05 PM, bamboozooka said:

A bread making machine does take away the labour intensiveness, however, it is full of electro smog in the form of the heater and the motor putting off EMF's for several hours right across the loaf rendering any goodness it had within to zero.

If you use a meter it can map out the magnetic sphere that is put out, by positioning the meter in differing places you can map out the limit of the EMF field.

The tech can also be used for good as well as bad, mind your ears when this video is playing, this is the tech that the Egyptians already knew about and what I think the pyramids were for, a giant healing complex or ancient hospital basically.

I know that with the current 'shootings'.... this post is not of importance but....

I have a cat which about 14 years ago adopted me (and it was not a young cat at that point) which is causing me concern!

She is addicted to tobacco.

I smoke roll ups and never considered that she would eat the stuff....then one day I realized that she had eaten a ciggie I had made (made the roll up, door knocked on and I left it on the side....came back and it was gone while she was licking her lips) and I now consider that she has been eating any bits from the countertop for many years!

Since then I have had to hide the tobacco .... but this cat literally screams at me until I give her a small bit to eat?????

14 years with me....at least 3 years old before!

What do I do?

Governments....wtf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

German feminists call for end to 'luxury tax' for tampons

Tampons and other feminine hygiene items are considered "luxury goods" by German tax officials.

German magazine Neon and einhorn, a German start-up, are calling on people to sign a petition by the end of May to make German lawmakers discuss lowering the value-added tax on women's hygiene goods.

Tampons and other hygiene items are taxed at the standard value-added rate of 19%, also known as the rate for "luxury" goods.

Neon and einhorn want the government to tax them at the reduced rate of 7%, which applies mainly to food items considered necessary for basic living requirements.

"Women menstruate … whether they like it or not. This is not a luxury and should not be taxed as such," they added.

https://www.dw.com/en/german-feminists-call-for-end-to-luxury-tax-for-tampons/a-48598893

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL....

To avoid the 19% tax Germany puts on Tampons, somebody made a book (taxed at 7%) which included tampons in it. It sold out on the first day.

Ai6U92t.jpg

Some comments:

"If this is released in the UK, the British library and Bodleian at Oxford both recieve a copy to keep. And I find that hilarious."

"This would sell really well over the Christmas period."

"bloody good idea!"

"Tampons are taxed at our lower rate (5%) in UK. We are not allowed to cut it to 0% due to EU rules on VAT despite a big campaign to do so."

?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Er....lol

mul34V3.jpg

:)

Edited by ink