Sign in to follow this  
zArk

tyson fury wakes up

28 minutes ago, zArk said:

i recently watched the 12th round wilder knock down and fury getting up

unbelievable

inspiring and jaw dropping to see 

https://www.sho.com/video/65123/wilder-knocks-down-fury-in-round-12

Short video of two men punching each other ... mostly on their heads .... the aim seems to be to impact the opponents skull so violently that his brain hits the inside of the skull ,  consciousness is lost and he falls down and stays down for 10 seconds ... and at the end of the video this result is achieved ....It's certainly unbelievable ...  Inspiring , I'm not so sure....

Posted (edited)

@oz93666 it is boxing, oz, not a tickling contest

did you miss the fact he popped up after 6 seconds?

Edited by zArk

6 hours ago, zArk said:

did you miss the fact he popped up after 6 seconds?

I must have switched off too soon !

Behind Tyson Fury is the entrepreneur Frank Warren.

Once, someone tried to kill him.

Here is a question:

Q Who shot Frank Warren?

It seems Anthony Joshua is not as good as he might think he is. Andy Ruiz really taught him a lesson. No wonder Wilder doesn't want to fight him. Joshua has been fighting "weak" fighters. I think Fury will play with Joshua. 

1 hour ago, bamboozooka said:

zark you know the fight happened last december lol

yeah but i was video surfing and its still a jaw dropping moment

the straight from Wilder was heavy but the hook on the way down was brutal then he hit the back of his head on the floor. o_0 nails

On 6/18/2019 at 6:25 AM, zArk said:

yeah but i was video surfing and its still a jaw dropping moment

the straight from Wilder was heavy but the hook on the way down was brutal then he hit the back of his head on the floor. o_0 nails

Absolutely, but if you watch it, and begin counting from the time he hits until he got up, it was past 10 seconds, that was fully ref's discretion.  Still impressive, that right hand, left hook, head whack on canvas is usually the fight ender. You only get so many of those.  I thought Tyson won the fight 9-3 or 8-4, Deontay is very crude but he's still learning, and I think he knows what he has to do this time out.  He just has to cut the ring off better. I would pick Wilder in the rematch.  He went 12 with Stiverne, destroyed him next time out.  Went 10 with Ortiz and life and death, KO in 7 in the return.  Tyson looked horrible against Wallin, but he's like that.  He's a fantastic boxer and moves really well for someone with his size.  He and Billy Joe Saunders are very similar. 

I watch a lot of fights from England, they're on in the afternoon over here, quite often on a day when there's a big card over here in the evening.  Prograis vs Taylor was a great fight.  Callum Smith got really outworked by Ryder last week, but he's better than that.  You can't take anyone lightly.  Lots of good to great fighters over there.  Thank whoever that Nigel Benn didn't get to step in the ring again.  I understand, but you take punches much differently at 55.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, Reinold said:

Behind Tyson Fury is the entrepreneur Frank Warren.

Once, someone tried to kill him.

Here is a question:

Q Who shot Frank Warren?

Allegedly it was Terry Marsh.  The fact that he is still alive might mean it was someone else, bt that's who most think it was.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:25 AM, QuodHumana said:

It seems Anthony Joshua is not as good as he might think he is. Andy Ruiz really taught him a lesson. No wonder Wilder doesn't want to fight him. Joshua has been fighting "weak" fighters. I think Fury will play with Joshua. 

Joshua has just lost the fire.  His fights with Dillian Whyte and Wlad Klitschko were really good fights and showed he had toughness, and heart.  But he's also made millions , and it's tough to find a reason to do this when you've already made all you'll ever need.

16 hours ago, ronisron said:

Joshua has just lost the fire.  His fights with Dillian Whyte and Wlad Klitschko were really good fights and showed he had toughness, and heart.  But he's also made millions , and it's tough to find a reason to do this when you've already made all you'll ever need.

i think AJ needs to come forward against ruiz and do battle

ruiz is a busy fighter with less reach who gets up in peoples faces. There's no point trying to box the guy because as mike tyson says:

''everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face''

Yes its a risky strategy as ruiz might catch AJ but at least if AJ comes in throwing his big bombs he has a chance that it might be him that catches the other guy

So i think AJ shouldn't overthink this one and should just let his body talk. Just go natural and accept its gonna be a tear up and get his shots in. The worst thing that happens is he loses but gives the fans a good fight and no one can be critical of someone who gave it their best

I think AJ looked happier and like he was enjoying his fights pre-joseph parker because he was using his raw athleticism. But against parker he started relying on the jab and sitting back. he'll enjoy himself more if he fights more naturalistically and gets those knock outs coming back

It worked against parker because parker was hesitant and the ref kept pulling them apart whenever parker got within AJ's reach but if he tries to sit back again ruiz will get up in his grill, disrupt, fluster and beat him up again. Take the initiative, up the aggression and land a good shot and follow through with it

There's nothing to lose because he has already lost to this style of fighter so he might as well try something different. The guys in suits behind him have probably been telling him to play it safe because they are seeing dollar signs and they were worried the AJ train would come off the track and their wallets would get hurt. But i think if AJ isn't enjoying what he does he won't peform to his fullest.

watch wilder....there's a man who enjoys his work

Edited by muir

4 minutes ago, muir said:

i think AJ needs to come forward against ruiz and do battle

ruiz is a busy fighter with less reach who gets up in peoples faces. There's no point trying to box the guy because as mike tyson says:

''everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face''

Yes its a risky strategy as ruiz might catch AJ but at least if AJ comes in throwing his big bombs he has a chance that it might be him that catches the other guy

So i think AJ shouldn't overthink this one and should just let his body talk. Just go natural and accept its gonna be a tear up and get his shots in

I think AJ looked happier and like he was enjoying his fights pre-joseph parker because he was using his raw athleticism. But against parker he started relying on the jab and sitting back. he'll enjoy himself more if he fights more naturalistically and gets those knock outs coming back

There were rumors AJ was concussed in sparring previous to the fight.  We'll see how he does this time around.  He does not want to stand and trade with Ruiz in a fire fight, he has to fight "tall" and use his range.  He has to box, use his jab and just jab the smaller man's head off and hope to set him up late.  Ruiz is and has never been a joke, I was really taken aback when they replaced Miller with Ruiz.  Nobody took him seriously.  He had an outstanding amateur career, he's fundamentally very sound, he throws good combinations and has decent power.  His only loss was a disputed one to Joseph Parker, most folks chalked it up to a "hometown" decision.

Ruiz will be in better shape because he's had a proper training camp, but he'll just do the same thing he did last time, it's Joshua who has to execute a new game plan, come in with fire and have the cardio to do it over 12.

I think Fury beats Joshua and so does Wilder.  Joshua's career "arc" was steep and swift, and done so for a reason.  The plan with any fighter is to make as much money as possible and then hope to get out relatively healthy.  He has lots of opportunities outside the game as a businessman and from his notoriety as a boxer.  

I just love British fight fans, they forgive everything and stand behind their guy no matter what.  All I have to say is "David Price".:classic_laugh:  I think Josh Taylor is probably the best all around boxer in the UK right now, but I've always liked Ricky Burns.  I have a soft spot for those guys who just work really hard and always show up.  It is NOT an easy thing to do.

15 minutes ago, ronisron said:

There were rumors AJ was concussed in sparring previous to the fight.  We'll see how he does this time around.  He does not want to stand and trade with Ruiz in a fire fight, he has to fight "tall" and use his range.  He has to box, use his jab and just jab the smaller man's head off and hope to set him up late.  Ruiz is and has never been a joke, I was really taken aback when they replaced Miller with Ruiz.  Nobody took him seriously.  He had an outstanding amateur career, he's fundamentally very sound, he throws good combinations and has decent power.  His only loss was a disputed one to Joseph Parker, most folks chalked it up to a "hometown" decision.

Ruiz will be in better shape because he's had a proper training camp, but he'll just do the same thing he did last time, it's Joshua who has to execute a new game plan, come in with fire and have the cardio to do it over 12.

Ruiz is going to come forward like a pitbull. I think if AJ tries to box like you say we could see another repeat of the last fight

I think Fury beats Joshua and so does Wilder.

I think Fury fighting wilder again is a risky move because he has to stay sharp the entire fight but he is looking more trim now then he was when they last met

Fury's fans wanted to see him outbox wilder and he did tag him more and wilders fans wanted to see a big knock out and he damn nearly delivered it so both guys delivered what their fans wanted on the day.

Wilder only has to catch someone once in the whole fight so you have to give fury his dues for not only going over to the states to fight wilder on his turf but also to go for the rematch (possibly was in the contract?). The guy doesn't shirk from a fight

The plan with any fighter is to make as much money as possible and then hope to get out relatively healthy.  He has lots of opportunities outside the game as a businessman and from his notoriety as a boxer. 

tough game but i agree that AJ has good appeal that goes beyond the ring. If he wants greatness though he can't allow himself to get too comfortable because there are hungry guys out there

Edited by muir

aj has not got a chance. same outcome.

and theres only 1 reason eddie hearn is in wahhabi land.

he needs a fat cheque before his gravy train runs out.

as for eddie hearns stable just a merry go round excuse for pay per view.

whyte has been wilders mandatory for 2 yrs and no title fight just merry go round fights.

Untitled8.jpg

Edited by bamboozooka