Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
garethicke

Labour Split.

Recommended Posts

They've finally gone then. 

The Independent Group is born. 

 

A group of Labour MPs have announced that they are quitting and will sit as Independent MPs in the house of commons, in protest over Brexit and anti-Semitism. 

The seven Labour MPs quitting the party are Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To paraphrase Frank Zappa "Just what the world needs... Another political party".

I did watch their news conference. Many, many people will be fooled. Hopefully the majority won't be. But then you never know.

What is it, road to hell paved with good intentions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting that they've registered the Independent Group as a business, and not a political party. They don't need to divulge where their funding is coming from, as they would if they were registered as a party. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garethicke said:

Very interesting that they've registered the Independent Group as a business, and not a political party. They don't need to divulge where their funding is coming from, as they would if they were registered as a party. 

 

Hello Gareth, can you explain further ? Any links to pages that explain the 'ins n outs' of party / business funding ?
Or suggestions where to look ?
Some are saying that all Partys are 'businesses..
Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this in the New Statesman;

" Are they a political party?

Not yet. Until such time as they do register as one, they will not be eligible for short money – the government funding paid to opposition parties to support parliamentary work – or other parliamentary privileges such as guaranteed question slots or opposition day debates. As such they have no grassroots members, councillors or peers, but are nonetheless soliciting donations. They will meet today for what Shuker described as an administrative “washing up” exercise, at which point the way they operate in parliament – and the timeline for their transition to a fully-fledged party – is likely to become clearer. " 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Labour Party have reinstated Derek Hatton. Not sure if the split was timed, but it does make it funnier the "Well I'm not working with THAT tosser!!" flounce.

https://news.sky.com/story/former-militant-figure-derek-hatton-readmitted-to-labour-33-years-after-being-kicked-out-11641528

Surprise about another Panama party! That will fix that broken system.

Which isn't broken just designed that way etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this an orchestrated split. Designed to have Labour secure fewer seats in an election.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 1:56 PM, garethicke said:

Very interesting that they've registered the Independent Group as a business, and not a political party. They don't need to divulge where their funding is coming from, as they would if they were registered as a party. 

Very interesting!

 

Funding from israel?

 

what's the angle here though? What are they hoping to achieve by this split? George galloway seems to think it is to try and block a corbyn government

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

They probably see themselves as the new SDP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, muir said:

Very interesting!

 

Funding from israel?

 

what's the angle here though? What are they hoping to achieve by this split? George galloway seems to think it is to try and block a corbyn government

 

Thats exactly what it is about. See Joan Ryan has gone. Another LFI member. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig Murray, the former British Ambassador wrote an interesting article about this subject yesterday.

 

Democracy and the corrupt Seven

 

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/02/democracy-and-the-corrupt-seven/#tc-comment-title

 

A little snippet:

 

"Luciana Berger is a one trick pony and it is worth noting that her complaints about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party date back to at least 2005, while Tony Blair was still Prime Minister. Berger had already by April 2005 spotted anti-Semitism in the National Union of Students, in the Labour Party and in her student union newspaper, those being merely the examples cited in this single Daily Telegraph article. I am extremely sorry and somewhat shocked to hear of the swamp of anti-semitism in which we were all already mired in 2005, but I do find it rather difficult to understand why the fault is therefore that of Jeremy Corbyn. And given that Tony Blair was at that time Prime Minister for eight years, I cannot understand why it is all Corbyn’s fault and responsibility now, but it was not Blair’s fault then. "

 

I think Craig Murray knows full well the answer to his probable rhetorical question.  Blair´s a Zionist and Corbyn is not.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Golden Retriever said:

Craig Murray, the former British Ambassador wrote an interesting article about this subject yesterday.

 

Democracy and the corrupt Seven

 

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/02/democracy-and-the-corrupt-seven/#tc-comment-title

 

A little snippet:

 

"Luciana Berger is a one trick pony and it is worth noting that her complaints about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party date back to at least 2005, while Tony Blair was still Prime Minister. Berger had already by April 2005 spotted anti-Semitism in the National Union of Students, in the Labour Party and in her student union newspaper, those being merely the examples cited in this single Daily Telegraph article. I am extremely sorry and somewhat shocked to hear of the swamp of anti-semitism in which we were all already mired in 2005, but I do find it rather difficult to understand why the fault is therefore that of Jeremy Corbyn. And given that Tony Blair was at that time Prime Minister for eight years, I cannot understand why it is all Corbyn’s fault and responsibility now, but it was not Blair’s fault then. "

 

I think Craig Murray knows full well the answer to his probable rhetorical question.  Blair´s a Zionist and Corbyn is not.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Craig Murray is a real Champion.
He's had such a crazy life and still comes up fighting with a clear mind and a clear voice.
His archives / early writings on his blog make for some incredibly interesting reading..  :O)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, garethicke said:

 

Thats exactly what it is about. See Joan Ryan has gone. Another LFI member. 


Now some tories have defected but they are all anti-brexit so is there an anti-brexit angle to this whole thing?

Edited by muir
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few tories joined today as well.

 

It seems the pieces are slowly getting moved on the board as a warning to the maybot and corbyn.

 

Slowly but surely they are chipping away at Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the NewLabour lot are managers without policy -- mercenaries

Corbyn is leading the party back to Socialism

the Tories will be going back to Conservatism

the tories joining the new Ltd Company will be managers -- hired guns

 

the voter base is waining. the Parties are panicking. this is the new direction of Uk Politics as i see it

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest David Stevenson

A new party is born, so follow the

 

 

 

Or is it follow the money and the rest will simply fit into place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×